Chapter 19

What just happened?

The kissing caress of the sun blasts your eyelids translucent with a gold tint as you can visibly see the snaking red veins intersecting over your eyes before you're blinking blearily up into the sky. The dew in the clouds drip trying to break free of their heavenly bonds and as you claw up and try to reach for them, but the angel's palm smacks you back down to earth. The air is knocked out of you as you quickly descend, the flapping of your uniform does nothing to slow your fall nor cushion your impact. Convulsing along the hard ridges of your spine the earth craters to your impact, grateful towards your cursed mark for absorbing most impact but it's the pain that remains.

All of it stored into a separate cylinder within your soul, waiting to be transformed into something else and yet you feel for the first time in your life terror suffocating your veins. It constricts your breathing, ceasing up your throat, your fingernails draw wounds down your neck, gasping as you tear open your eyes into the sky. Fear descends like a grappling hook puncturing into your soul. There in the sky is the suicidal maniac that once sent crawling shivers down your spine with only a heckle alone. Now flies ahead high into the clouds, his joker-like mocking gaze licks at the dripping busted lip you managed to score upon him.

Just that.

Regret is the only thing that you feel, you made him like this. Someone so far out of reach that not even you can touch him now.

You knew this was going to be fun but terrifying? You didn't even anticipate for such a new fascinating feeling to breathe fire upon your heart, you're simply teetering off your seat for it to consume all your entirety only for you to absorb it into something new.

There's no time to waste, time must rewind to fully understand how one person will learn to kneel before you.

"Fucking crazy bastard." Chastising besides Gojo at the one heck of a mess Geto has spurred up inside the arena.

Shaking your head disapprovingly despite the cheeky little smile radiating from your very lips, you just can't help but be proud of him yet feeling remorse for the stupid fuckwit to challenge Geto Suguru of all people. Too saddened you found your previous challenger to be no better at giving much of a fight, it seems that the Kyoto students are lacking compared to Tokyo's mighty presence. Or yours for that matter. You are the player in this game of chess whilst everyone else sits idly on the board, only those such as yourself, Gojo and Geto can only resume the titles of superiority overall. You see for what the world truly is and everyone else that resides in it as cruel beasts waiting to explode; it's all about how you tick to such change will everything around you evolve with it.

"That leaves Naoya to you then." snickering as you continue to clap as the crowd dies down and Gojo's eyes slide down to yours.

His lips widen into a beautiful psychotic grin.

"Break his fucking legs."

He howls with laughter, head reeling back, and hands clasped on his sides until he suddenly turns to you his grin even wilder now, his hand connects with your shoulder. You'd expect him to say something awful to that, do something like play along with your sadistic ways yet all he does is give you softness.

The skin around his eyes crinkle whilst his touch is soft and sweet above your blazer before all too quickly, he turns on his heels and walks away. What the fuck was that? Your heart betraying you with its thunderous beats and your worked up breath catching within your throat as you watch his figure morph into the shadows.

When Gojo wins this one because there's no 'if's' with Gojo, then you and him will be facing off against each other. It's been many months since you and he had sparred with no restrictions on cursed energy usage unlike training where you've been helping him cover his blind spots. Which is a mistake because now it's harder to take him down and wow him as you did upon first impressions not that you are indeed trying to wow him when he seems far more interested in trying to block you from touching him.