Chapter 9

Breathing slowly, instinctually you want to breathe faster, more air more life but at that rate it's just a fast track to death and in no way are you ready for that bitch. Sensing that devil man is out of range and long gone to cause havoc himself, hopefully Gojo isn't a complete moron to have spent all of his cursed energy when he arrives.

Coughing up again, wheezing as you do so, a croak of air whistles out of your throat, drowning in your own blood the heavy slime of black goo dribbles out of your lips. With a quivering hand the trails of your cursed mark trickles and curves all around your wrist and downwards.

The symbol of life snakes up and around your minds eye, blinking once and twice with a shaking finger you begin to draw hazardly hoping it looks anything like it upon your gashed neck. Blood trickles and flesh gapes as you take your final breath, light as bright as the sun blinds your vision, is this the end, were you too late?

Flashes of Gran and Gramps come forth, their happy smiling faces and their content gaze as they showed you how to create a leaf boat and watch it sail down the river. The first time you properly exorcised a curse under Gramps watchful eyes, ah, this is the end, with the last thrum of your heart everything stops.

.

.

.

.

Lying there still, dead to everything your wounds begin to stitch themselves back together again, blood that pooled out of you now drains back in as if everything is being reversed. The wound gaping wide flaps a closed as does the one strung across your chest, finally as if the light regurgitated you back out your chest lurches off the ground with a ginormous gasp.

"Guuaahhhackk-" Coughing hands trembling towards your neck, looking down at the time at your broken flip phone it glitches slightly but reads out as 10:00 AM.

Shit. The merger, Gojo and the group are in trouble, that guy was far too strong for someone unable to use Curse energy and have none, heavenly restriction maybe?

Checking your phone for the nearest flight available, leaving in an hour and so you quickly pick yourself up with a new spring in your step your markings still present on your body seconds after coming to. Running with phone against your ear you call the one person that owes you a lot.

"Nanaba-san, yeah I need that favour now."

.

.

.

.

Somewhere on the Jujutsu high grounds three people are being attack.

~*~

I am having a lot of fun writing this yk