Epilogue

The morgue has always felt like a stuffy place to be in despite the chill and the lack of life echoing off the walls that Gojo digs his nails so deeply into his palms that the sting of pain is all that tells him he's alive. Standing above the covered corpse, can he even call it that. Bits and pieces of what remains lies beneath the white linen cloth as the mark of your existence plagues his soul drawing back on memories as the muffled voice of the newly appointed principle Yaga surrounds him.

Suffocated Gojo takes a step back, the pounding in his head never ceasing to lessen as he drags his attention elsewhere unable to look at the table any further. The freezers where he had watched the mortician pull your tray out and had revealed your mangled appearance for him to make a confirmation on your identity. Your skin bloody and scraped looked as if a shredder had a go at chewing you up and spitting you back out.

Part of your face was missing just leaving muscles and teeth, it seemed that when you 'fell' - he hardly believes that – the train must have dragged your body under its belly smacking you along and scraping away your left side. The rest of you that they could find was either too mangled with the train wheels or scraped from the train drivers' windows.

It's hard to say where the first impact was.

Yaga sighs besides him, taking off his sunglasses and pinching the bridge of his nose, Gojo notices wet marks from where tears have been. It was him who brought you into this world completely and the shame and guilt building in his heart, Gojo can only imagine how heavy it all must feel. Two of his students gone, one on the run and the other dead. Saying that death comes with the territory of being a jujutsu sorcerer is an understatement. Making connections and losing good friends is the true murder of being a sorcerer, a lonely cold life everyone must lead.

Gojo is only now beginning to understand why so few sorcerers are coming forward. Even Nanami, his kouhai has come to the decision to leave jujutsu high after graduation and he can't exactly blame him. If he wasn't needed and didn't have a goal in mind to reset the jujutsu world, he would be closely following behind.

"Under further private investigation It appears to be that it was an orchestrated attack." Yaga starts moving around the table towards the trolley where all the tools remain.

"Why private?" Gojo follows Yaga picking up a plastic sandwich bag.

Inside is a mangled almost bent up flat piece of metal. Yaga scrutinises the bag before taking it over and presenting it in front of him.

"I am under the suspicion that the council wanted this issue dealt with quickly seeing how they so easily wanted to throw this issue under the rug." Annoyance flares in Gojo's chest.

They're already trying to minimise your death down to nothing but a small issue and not like you created waves when you were alive. At first, he couldn't believe it, someone as strong, stronger than he appeared in front of him and dealt with him as expertly as a veteran sorcerer and not a girl who baffled him at every turn.

He already knows that the bogus statement the council came up with about your accident being nothing but that, an accident, you fell off the platform when an incoming train was passing through. It's not that he knows it deep within his heart, it's clear as day a stupid fucking lie told from the very mouths that try to shackle him in his place. As if he has a place in their world, in his he's decided to become the biggest pain they must deal with.

"What's that?" He nods to the sandwich bag.

"This is a regular hunting knife, it's what I believe made Y/n fall." Yaga hands the bag over to Gojo.

Now he sees the blood, dried and beginning to crust over, the handle has splintered, and the fraying leather appears to be handmade. Whoever this belongs to knows what they were doing, this isn't from an opportunistic killer. He admits the timing and the place might have been an opportunity they weren't expecting but as he traces the remnant marks left by the person, he feels no cursed energy what's so ever.

A regular person did this.

Someone like Fushiguro Toji but not completely.

"They know this, yet they keep saying she fell." Rough grated venom grits past his teeth as he nearly crumples the only evidence into a ball.

Yaga takes it from him and returns it back to the trolley before slowly heading towards the exit.

"It seems that there can't be two of you." Yaga sighs barely looking over his shoulder as he ascends the steps out of the morgue.

Alone and barely stable the doors on the freezer begin to rumble and instantaneously implode as if a hammer beats into every single door before the hinges begin to groan. Metal screaming against metal as the doors are torn apart and off its hinges and flying across the room leaving all but him and the table in front of him untouched.

They did this, that he knows.

Why? It's obvious.

With him they can keep him leashed but they already had their hands full and with your appearance shaking the world under their very feet complicated things. Out of the two of you they must have suspected you were the easiest one to kill seeing how he can now use his Infinity full time without much consequence by simultaneously using reversed cursed technique.

Bile rises into his throat.

You were on call with Suguru and from the recording that he heard he understands that you were trying to speak reason into him. Better than he could when shock is all that filled his veins upon confronting his dearest friend. Suguru had heard your death and took it upon himself to finally pursue his barbaric idea on cleansing the world of non-sorcerers.

He just couldn't bring himself to do it, to kill his last remaining friend and now he's here staring blankly at the white mass before him. With bated breath he takes the corner between his fingertips and slowly pulls it off, revealing all the jagged edges and the hollow echo of you. Leaning over the table he looks at you with dead eyes, he's shed all the tears that one ever gets in their lifetime, now he looks at your body with red rimmed eyes and spots something odd.

Peculiar even.

Black inky-like substance dribbles out of your mouth, the liquid fills the cavernous pit before oozing out between your teeth and the punctured flesh in your cheek. It reminds him of something familiar as if he's seen this before. Slowly he dips his finger into the inky liquid instantly recoiling as the texture is akin to that of jelly and glue combined but is as runny as water.

It trickles down his finger and pools into his palm.

He looks down to your neck and there he realises what he must do. 

The end

~*~

It only took me 2 years to finish. I know I said things were going to be longer but then an idea struck me and I just ran with it. Sorry for the major character death I will be implementing a disclaimer.

I am thinking of doing a sequel but for not that is still in the works. Thank you to everyone that stayed with this or has recently picked this up, I never really wanted to let this one go and felt it was necessary for you as it was for me to finish this.

I might rewrite the first couple of chapters seeing how some don't match my present writing style but idk. Also one last tidbit before I go, I know Geto was already pursuing his ideals before Y/n's death but I wanted to highlight it was his final straw in urging him forwards.

For all the unanswered questions about Y/n they will be covered in book two.