One

Introduction
Y/n woke up to the sound of crows croaking and the smell of burning flesh. Needless to say it wasn't the nicest thing to wake up to  but it wasn't the worst, For Y/n the worst thing was that they had no idea where they were.
They scrambled to their feet in a hurry and stumbled to keep their footing.The rain was coming down in a drizzle and seemed endless. Y/n's breathing picked up slightly as they tried to gather their surrondings. They were in some sort of forest. It looked like a swamp. Y/n could just about make out some sort of shipwrecked boat. They sucked in a deep breath and began heading in that direction, slipping a few times on the moist muddied ground. Their trainers didn't have a very good grips at the bottom causing them to slip and slide often. It never bothered them before as they often avoided going out at all but on this praticular day they had been forced to go out.
First person view
You rubbed your eyes as you moved towards the boat, Each step was somewhat painful as the ship seemed to be getting further away. A thick fog had begun drawing in causing it to be even harder to see in the dark area you had woken up in. Your family had often caught you sleep walking countless times and had brought it up and even tried to get you to see some doctors but you had turned down the offers. You didn't seem the harm.  "I am such a idiot." You mumbled to yourself as the ship finally came into view. You could see it clearly now as well as some flashing lights. "They warned me that  my sleep walking would become out of control." You pushed your H/C out of your face and grabbed hold of a rotting piece of the ship and began to examine it. After inspecting the wood for quite some time you grew bored and decided to go a explore the small shipwreck. You tried to ignore how loud your footsteps sounded on the creaking floorboards. A loud noise caught your attention as you pulled your weary feet up the old staircase on the small ship. It was the sound of something rumbling, like something was coming to life. You squinted trying to makeout anything in the dark fog but you saw nothing but mist.
After awhile of exploring the rotting ship you took a seat. On your adventure you had noticed something that looked out of place on the boat. It looked liked some sort of generator. It was a dark red with some yellow and looked like it could be turned on but you had no idea what it was for. Why would a abandoned ship have a generator that looked brand new?
"Maybe they are trying to refurnish the boat?" You wondered outloud as you knelt beside it and began absent mindedly fiddling with the wires. They sparked to life causing you to jump back. You scrambled backwards and hit your head on the low roof.
After a few moments of staring at the now brought to life generator you decided to finish it. You had already started it so why not finish. You brushed off the dirt which was pretty point less and you knelt back down and began concentrating on the generator. One again you took the wires in your hand and as i you had been doing it all your life you began to easily fixing it. The progress of doing the generator seemed to take some time but soon it made a loud popping noise and roared to life.
You stood and stepped back and nodded, Almost jumping at the sound of the boats horn blaring in your ear.
You admired the generator some more. You had never been up to any type of working machine before in fear that you would end up hurt as you had a habit of being a natural disaster. You had the clumsy trait..
Footsteps, You could hear them heading in your dirction and you could feel tha panic building up inside your chest as you ducked behind the generator hoping that your could hide behind it. Had someone heard the generator come to life? Was it turned off for a reason? What if you had caused something bad to happen? You racked your brain for a good exscuse in case someone came and found you. The sound of something in the distance broke your thoughts and you almost forgot about the footsteps. Almost. The sound reminded you of when you had finished the boats generator. Apart from the loud horn.
"Hey, Meg? Was that you?"
You gulped slightly and pushed yourself closer against the generator hoping that the person would go away and find the person called 'Meg'. You shuffled slightly causing your shoe to scrape against the rotten wood. You cursed under your breath and noticed the shadow come closer until a man came into view.
"You are not Meg? I didn't know we were getting another..." The young man mumbled and began biting his nails and clutched onto his shirt. His eyes seemed to scan you and you scrambled out of your hiding place and stood. He was taller than you , Only by a little. You had always been made fun of for your height but  it was actually normally good for getting into good hiding spots and being surprisngly fast. You had always been good at Cross-Country and Javalin at school.
"What do you mean?" You questioned the nervous looking man. He jumped at your voice as if he hadn't expected you to talk to him. His eyes flickered from your face to around the boat . You noted that he didn't like to make eye contact. That made two of you. "You said that you was not expecting another? Another what?"
You almost felt bad for bothering the guy but you wanted a answer. You wanted to know what you had gotten yourself into and how the hell you could find your way home because you did not recongise the place. It was cold, Damp and very foggy which was unlike your village.
"A survivor.. Of course you haven't been breifed yet. I hadn't seen y-you at  the campsite yet." The man stuttered  mid sentence. He glanced around again as if he was looking for someone. Maybe he was looking for that other women again. Meg. You hadn't seen anyone else and before you bumped into this man you thought you were all alone. "I don't understand what you are saying?" Nothing he was saying was making any sense and wasn't helping you figure out if you could walk home from this place. You could walked a few miles at least, Maybe even a hour or more but you were hoping that it would be less than that.
As you had begun speaking you wondered if the man in front of you had also gotten lost. He was wearing a white plain shirt with a shirt. It looked liked he had just gotten out of a office or something. Maybe he and Meg had been walking from work and gotten lost in the fog? He seemed terrifed and jumped at the slightest of sounds which made you feel bad as you kept figeting and bumping into the generator. "Do you need help finding Meg?" You questioned as he seemed to not hear you when you had spoken the first time. That got his attention. He turned to you fully with what seemed to be a new found confidence. You had no idea why this guy was so scared for but you didn't want to find out. Maybe he was just scared of the dark.
"Yes, That would be helpful. She ran off in this direction whilst I was busy helping David." He ran a hand though his black hair and adjusted his glasses. You had no idea how he could see out of them. "Follow me, I mean it okay? If I tell you to hide you listen." He said with a stern voice.
A horrible feeling began to brew inside your stomach and you suddenly felt sick yet you nodded and wiped your eyes from the rain. The rain never seemed to get any heavier or any colder so for that you remained hopeful that it would soon become nice.
The man began to move slowly and went back in the direction that he had came in. He was mumbling to himself. "I wondered why it was just the three of us..." He let out a sigh . You decided to not question him again, Not that you thought he would respond to you. He seemed to be concentrating on his surroundings like before but this time it was more intense.
You felt like you had been searching forever when the man finally stopped walking and grabbed your arm quite forcefully and pulled you behind a bunch of rocks and tall grass. You opened your mouth to speak but felt something clamp over it. The man had covered your mouth with his hand to stop you from speaking. You decided to communicate with a glare instead to try and tell him that you were not happy with this ordeal.
It was only now that you noticed that he had blood on his clothes and some on his face. Your eyes widened more and you began moving more frantically now. Was he actually searching for Meg so that he could kill her? No. Surely not? He was a skinny guy and was so nervous that he didn't seem like the type who would go around murdering people. Then again. Appearance can mean nothing. You pushed  away your thoughts and stopped moving as his grip tightened on you and he used his other hand to signal for you to be quite.
He was looking out from behind the rock and you followed his gaze. It was only then that you noticed two other figures. You relaxed as you realised one was a women and you knew that it must be Meg. Maybe the other one was David?
You had no idea how wrong you would be.
The Women was crouched on another generator and was concentrating on the wires when she suddenly looked up causing the generator to explode. She shielded her face before she began running. You had become so fasinated on Meg that you hadn't realised that the man beside you had let go off you and was now watching with a panic stricken face..
'"Is that Meg?" You whispered and pointed to the Women who was running closer. He nodded and pushed his body down closer and forced you to copy his actions. "Okay so if this is Meg..Why are you hiding?"
The man sighed and leaned against the rock so that he was no longer facing the scene that was about to unfold. "I don't want to be seen just yet. Neither do you." You decided to not question what was happening and chose to peek out from behind the rock.
You watched in horror an a large Man began following Meg and clamped a hand over your mouth to smother the scream that was fighting to come out. The man was built well but as he neared closer to Meg with inhuman speed you had realised why she was running. It dawned on you why the man next you was so terrified of being seen out in the open. You had slept walked right into danger. The man had a mask covering his face and in one hand he held some sort of weapon. In the other hand he held beartraps.
You watched as Meg sprinted across the tall grass, She was so close to your hiding spot. She looked behind her in terror and panic and failed to notice what the trap that had been placed in the long grass. Her eyes grew wide as she felt the trap snap on her leg and she froze before quickly began to pull at it. Her scream echoed thought the swamp causing the man beside you to tense. He didn't look that fazed as you glanced back at him to check if he was okay. He didn't look at you and instead turned so he could see what was happening.
You watched as the Man brought down his weapon and with one blunt blow to the head Meg went down with a groan. The man paused before picking the women on the floor up and began walking up a slight hill. This is when you finally noticed the hooks scattered around the area. They looked old and rusted but some seemed to be dripping with fresh blood.
"He is going to put her on that hook, I have been hooked twice already...You only get two chances to be saved of the hook. I know this is not making any sense. I will have to explain when this trial is over." The man beside you mumbled. He was in a crouched position now as he peered over the rock. "I need you to stay here. I don't want you to have to go though the pain right now..Just stay here and if I don't come back search for David."
You had no time to respond as he lept to his feet and ran right towards a now hooked Meg.She seemed to be struggling with some weird black claws. They seemed to fight her but she pushed against them to stop the middle one from going right though her. You shivered slightly and ducked behind the rock as you heard a sound of someone being hit and the man groaning.
You remained behind the rock as you heard someone moaning in pain, They seemed to be heading in your direction. You scrambled back slightly as the women knelt beside you. She looked just as surprised to see you as she held her stomach. Her eyes scanned you and she glanced up from behind the rock. "Dwight will be okay- He barely had chance to tell me that we had a newcomer in our trial before he got hit. Don't worry. He is good at running but if he gets hooked he is a goner."
Dead. She meant that he would die? You looked at her in alarm and she began pulling some bandages from her pocket and began pulling up her shirt slightly and began wrapping her stomach. She seemed to notice your look and she gave you a apologetic look. "He will get hooked and be taken into the sky- Which is death but he will be respawned back at the campsite. I know it sounds so messed up and like some sort of horror nightmare but trust me. I am not lying. He may be shaken up but he  will be alive. We never truly die."
You tried to wrap your head around what she was saying. You began to belive it as you thought back to when Meg was on the hook fighting of the claws triying to get her. "So- You have no chances left..?"
Meg nodded and pushed the leftover bandage in her pocket and stood up. You looked at her in bewildement as the wound vanished as she no longer was injured. She gave you a weak smile. "Each trial we get to choose what item we want..I chose a medkit so I can heal myself as sometimes we are not with the others. You will have bandages in your pockets to heal others if you do not have the medkit you won't be able to  use them on yourself." She shook her head and glanced back towards where she had last seen the man. She had called him Dwight.
"Was his name Dwight?" You questioned and slowly stood and looked at the hook. You brought your gaze back to Meg who was now glancing around. She nodded and a small smile appeared on her face as the sound of another generator popped in the distance. This time it was different and you could suddenly see two panels on opposite sides of the swamp.
"David must of finished the last generator. In total there are 5. We must complete them to power the exit gates. Most of the time we don't actually succeed this far. It all depends on the team you get..Come on."
Meg took hold of your arm and began dragging you to the edge of the swamp. "Basically every day different survivors are dragged into a trial on different maps with a killer. We never know who it will be but we do know that we must work together and try not to get caught. We all get to choose out of different perks and can teach each other to give us a advantage against the killer but the killers also have them along with powers. No killer is the same."
You had been so intent on listening to the women speak that you didn't realise that she had opened the door. It opened with a loud clang and she dragged you into the small pathway. You saw the endless open area and longed to get out.
"Sadly- We have never figured a way out of this place but we have grown used to it. Yes we miss our lives but we may never see them again. Some of us have been here since as long as they can remember and if they did ever get to the real world again it would be different. We search for ways to get out but the entity has us stuck here."
You shivered slightly. You figured that the entity was the black clawed thing that appeared out of thin air whilst Meg was on the hook. You and Meg walked nearer to the end of the exit and she flashed you a small smile. "We didn't expect anymore people to arrive- We haven't seen anyone new in a long time."
The exit clanged some more and Meg looked out at the swamp with a panicked look. She ran a hand though her ginger hair and bit her bottom lip.
You peered out at the darkness and could just make out the faint silouhettes of two people running over. At first you began to worry that the killer was heading over to you and Meg until you saw the familiar sight of Dwights dark hair and glasses.
You nudged Meg and she let out a breath of relief and jogged over to Dwight and the other man which was David. He was much more muscular than Dwight and had a scraggly beard. He was helping Dwight to the exit. Meg jogged over to help support Dwight who was wincing in pain at very step he took.
"I was beginning to think that you both hadn't made it." Meg spoke softly to the men. Dwight laughed slightly which surprised you. Why would they be making jokes in such a serious matter? You stayed back and David handed his Medkit to Meg and ordered her to patch Dwight up so he could catch his breath.
He only seemed to notice you when you shifted near the exit. "Who is this?" He asked the other two survivors in a gruff voice. Both Meg and Dwight exchanged looks. They had forgotten to ask your name You chuckled slightly as they looked apologetic. You couldn't hold it against them as they had been hiding and running from a murderer. David walked towards the wall that you was leaning on and leaned on it and rested his head against it. He looked over at Meg and Dwight and rolled his eyes when they shrugged. David turned his face so that he could see you and looked you up and down.
"Y/n L/n. Dwight found me after I completed a generator- I was surprised that I knew how to do it but it makes sense now since it seems that I have been trapped here. Meg found me after Dwight let the killer on a run apparently." You offered your hand out to David and sent a wink in Meg and Dwights direction.
Meg finished healing Dwight just as David took your hand shook it firmly. "Normally newcomers blow it up 10 times before they figure out how to do it." She laughed and patted Dwight on the back telling him that he was good to go.
David let go of your hand and guestured for you to head though the exit area. "Come on. Lets get this one back to camp in one piece. The Trapper will be on his way looking for us."

Meg nodded in agreement and took your arm and the four of you ran into the endless open area.
You hoped that you would be able to find a way out soon.
Meg, David and Dwight had been given new hope that maybe..just maybe they was a chance you might be the key to getting out of the hellhole they called a home.