Thirteen

That night you spent the night tossing and turning in the camping Cot.
Jake had long left the cabin after he had spent the whole evening with you. The two of you sharing stories of your old lives. His was quite sad but he assured you that the others had much more sad tales to tell. You wondered how many other lives had been ruined by the entity. You tried not to think about it. Your story wasn't that bad. You just woke up somewhere different and assumed that you had sleepwalked.
The night was cold and bitter as you moved from the warmth of the sleeping Cot to stand outside. You took a deep breath of the bitter air, A shiver running down your spine.
You couldn't shake the feeling that you were being watched. You shut the cabin door making sure that it had closed correctly and took another deep breath in and exhaled. A slight movement caused you to turn towards it. You sighed and walked over to the shrubbery that resided near your area. The whole camp was silent apart from the crows cawing towards one another.
You stepped closer to the bush and felt around in your pocket and pulled out a flashlight and flicked it on. A stream of light lit up the area you had pointed at. You let your eyes adjust. Nothing.
"Huh, Maybe I am just imagining things." You mumbled turning around. Your eyes landed on Steve running over to you. He tripped slightly but quickly scrambled up. He was shouting something that you couldn't quite hear.
You didn't have time to react. A creature appeared out of the shadows, It breathed down your neck and raised its claw. You realised that Steve was warning you. Demogorgan. You had yet to face the beast that haunted Steve and Nancy's nightmares but here he was in the camp.
Its claw struck the side of your arm causing you to fall to the floor, Your head came in contact with a rock. Your vison blurred and your ears began to ring. "Y/n!" Steve yelled as he dodged the creature. You felt him kneel beside you and block the hits that the Demogorgan was taking. He yelled out in pain and landed on top of you, He was out cold.
You carefully pushed him to the side. You glanced around noticing a few fellow survivors running out of their cabins with sleepy and alarmed faces. You weakly turned your gaze to the creature. You watched in alarm as its mouth opened wide, Like a flower head, Revealing sharp teeth.
"Hey, That is quite enough." A voice shouted and a burst of electricity stunned the creature causing it to whine and turn and run. You had realised that you had shut your eyes and waited to be eaten alive. You felt someone grab your arm and shake you.
"We really need to stop meeting like this." A soft voice spoke causing you to open your eyes and was met with a mask.
Ghostface pulled you to your feet as you made eye contact with the doctor. He turned to the male at your feet and groaned. "We need to talk to the entity about that monster. He will get is all in trouble." He spoke and turned and walked away as if nothing ever happened.
Ghostface chuckled. A sound that was muffled but the mask he was wearing. "Be more careful" He spoke and vanished into the trees.

You watched as Ghostface left and you turned to face some of the people who had come out of their cabins. "What the hell? Did I just see killers on our camp?" Dwight mumbled to someone standing beside him. Everyone began talking.
You tried acting normal but confusion and fear was written all over your face. You pushed your H/C hair out of your face and moved your eyes from the spot that the killers had left.
Everyone in the camp looked uneasy, Claudette was the first to move when she realised that Steve was badly injured. You knelt down beside him and placed your hand on his neck, Checking for a pulse. You could feel the steady beating and let out a sigh of relief. You had no idea if you could die whilst being outside of the trial and you really did not want to find out. You lifted his head slightly to look his face over. He looked peaceful.
"Any injuries?" Claudette asked as she appeared at your side and handed you the Med-kit. You carefully took it from her and opened it and grabbed some cloth. Claudette sighed and shivered as she took the cloth and began checking the teenager over. He had some deep wounds and bruises.
"He will be fine in the morning, The Entity will take care of him but I want to patch him up. You know, That is my job." Claudette chuckled as you glanced up at her and she sent you a playful wink . "Wanna help me get him to his cabin?"

It took the two of you and a little help from Quentin to carry Steve back to his cabin. You had never really been in anyone  cabins before so it was nice to see how they had al decorated them. Steves had a 80's vibe to it.

"Why does this boy have so much hairspray?" You heard Claudette mumble as she placed Steve down onto his bed. "How do you think I got this great looking hair?" Steve responded as he came around. He rubbed his head and winced as he sat up but he held his usual smile. He glanced around the room and his eyes landed on Quentin who was chilling in the corner. "Quentin- What are you doing here?"

Claudette grabbed your hand as she guided you out of the cabin leaving the two teenagers to speak alone. She let out a long sigh and ran a hand through her messy hair. Her brown eyes glinted slightly beneath her glasses. "Now, Onto you." She paused, Her lips setting in a thin line. She still hadn't released your hand. She led you to the medical tent and stopped near the door. She glanced around before ducking in and dragging you with her.

"Claud, I am fine. Honestly. No cuts and bruises here. Steve took the damage." You wondered why she cared so much as she began checking you over. She was quite close to you now. "Y/n..." She looked you dead in the eye before she frowned slightly. "I am concerned."

Her words filled you with confusion. It was a feeling that you often felt. She moved your hair and pulled out a fresh cloth and wiped some of Steves blood off of your neck. You waited for her to continue as she moved backwards and tossed the bloodied cloth back into the Med-kit. She sighed and bit her lip. "I think Nea is going to try turn people against you. It is something that she would do...I think that she had been waiting for a opportunity to act out and when you arrived she..Well she had been acting so- Different."

You blinked slightly and turned to face Claudette who had a look of worry written all over her face and you felt guilt swarm your chest. She must of noticed because she stepped close and wrapped you into a warm hug. She held you for a few seconds before stepping back but she didn't let go, She kept her hands on your shoulders and smiled softly. "This is not your fault. We have been having problems with Nea for quite sometime. Dwight had been trying to figure it out but has come up empty handed. Just watch your back."

You nodded slowly and leaned into her, You didn't notice the smile on her face as you did this. You pulled away and gave her a smile. "I will be careful, So should you." Claudette nodded in agreement and grinned. "Of course, I will let you know if I hear anything else okay?"

As you left the Tent you realised that you had spent most of the night with Claudette. It would soon be time for the trials. The camp had gone silent once again. You made your way back to your cabin as quickly as possible and scrambled into your sleeping Cot and was out like a light.

If only you had turned around, You would of seen the figure vanishing into the bushes.

A/N:
Hello Readers, I hope that you guys are enjoying the story so far. I have a couple questions.

Who would you like to see be together?

How are you enjoying this book?

Do you have any suggestions?
|Please feel free to comment or message me. It is helpful and will help me update more!