Eighteen

Needles to say that Nea was not happy, At all.

You arrived back at Camp before Nea. You let out a breath of relief as Claudette came running over with Kate in tow. Claudette engulfed you in a hug and began to ramble on. "I am so sorry, I had no choice but to leave you. " She released you from the bone crushing but warm hug and gave you a sad look.

"Hey, Y/n knows that we had no choice." Kate spoke softly towards Claudette and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Right Y/n?"
You nodded. "I understand, I would never hold it against you, Any of you." You responded looking inbetween them both and trying for a smile.
Claudette smiled softly. "Well, Now that Trials have finished I can go and collect my herbs." She looked at the Med-kit that you were still holding onto for dear life. "You escaped? What happened to Nea?" She mumbled more to herself. "Want to come with me and you can talk to me about what happened?"

Kate looked at Claudette and then back at th Med-Kit. She narrowed her eyes but didn't question Claude on what she was on about. Instead she waved goodbye and mumbled something about finding Meg.

"You coming?" Claudette questioned as she took the Med-Kit from you and pried open the lid carefully and glanced inside. "Still full with supplies, I can fit some herbs into here." She muttered under her breath and looked up with a small smile. "Ready?"
You nodded and let her lead you towards the forest path. You shivered slightly as the memories from going out alone tried to creep back into your mind. You hoped that Claudette didn't notice and if she did she never mentioned it.

You followed her across the small dirt path and watched as she examined every plant in sight. "So, Y/n" She paused and picked one of the weeds and placed it into the Med-Kit. "What happened after me and Kate escaped?"
You looked at her for a few moments and ran a hand through your hair. "I finished th last gen without realising that it was the last generator and when I turned around to go find a exit gate Nea was behind me. She led me to the exit gate and I foolishly thought that maybe... Just maybe she might be trying to make amends with me." You shrugged and glanced at some algae that was growing on the side of a rock near a small pond area and went over and picked it off gently. You brought it back to Claudette. "When we reached the exit she refused to open the gate."

Claudette's eyes flashed with worry. "You escaped though?" She tried to hide her confusion as you continued. "The killer was gaining on us and she still refused to open the gate and only did so when he got close and aimed to hit us." You let out a breath before speaking again. "He hit me and I was downed because he had NOED and I didn't get all the totems which was my fault but he must of seen what had happened because he went after Nea who was taunting me and fleeing but he downed her and hooked her and let me escape."

When you finished telling her the events that had unfolded in the trial she looked shocked but not really surprised. "If I had known sooner that it was Nea in the trial with us I wouldn't of left you alone."
You grabbed a few more of the plants that you had seen her collecting and handed them towards her. She took them gratefully and took one last glance around. "I think that should be enough for now. Let's head back before it gets to dark out here."

You followed behind her in silence and only spoke when you reached the camp. "Claudette." You spoke and waited for her to stop talking. She turned slightly and looked at you with a soft smile. You had noticed that Nea was at the campfire with a few other survivors, Some you had not met yet.
"Do you think that she will hate me even more now?"
Claudette followed your gaze and you saw her tense and look at the ground. "I am afraid so."

You couldn't rest very well, You would of loved to hang out around the campfire but Nea was still there and you did not feel like getting glared at for the whole night so instead you resided in the Medical tent with Claudette and Jake.

"Jake, Have you not left yet?" You questioned the wildman as you walked into the tent to see him lounging around. He met your eyes and a grin broke out on his face and he jumped up and eloped you in a tight hug and spung you around. "You made it back and escaped!"
Clearly Claudette had spoken to him about what had happened.

"Hey, Am I interrupting something here or?" A soft voice spoke as someone entered the tent. You felt Jake place you back onto the ground and you turned to see Meg. "Meg! I haven't seen you in like forever!" You exclaimed and moved from Jake and pounced on her. Meg let out a laugh and steadied you and wrapped a arm around you. "I have been busy, Claudette had me on a mission." She whispered and winked in the direction of Claudette who was curled up in a seat reading a book

"What sort of mission?" You questioned as you leaned into her. Meg looked somewhat thoughtful. "I am undercover. Nea is trying to recruit something and she believes that I am in on it..Of course I would never betray you."
Meg looked annoyed as she spoke. "If Nea would just take the time to get to know you...She has changed so much and I am beginning to wonder if it is the entity's doing."

Claudette looked up from reading her book and snapped it shut causing Jake to jump slightly. "I have been thinking the same thing." She spoke up and walked over after handing the book to Jake with a hidden smile. "This is going to be something we are going to have to work out. Do you remember when Blight arrived? The killers acted up for a few weeks before things calmed down."
Meg nodded in agreement. "Yeah, That is true. Nea could just be jealous of you Y/n. You are stunning." She giggled and stuck her tongue out at you.

You shook your head with a grin on your face. "I doubt things can get worse than they already are." You reassured them.

How wrong you were.