Seven

Her eerie hum echoed though the forest. The hunt was on and she had a thirst for blood. All across the map  the survivors ran and scattered in different directions, The humming sweet but deadly.The Huntress adjusted her mask and aimed her hatchet at seemingly nothing, loosing her tight grip on the handle it soured though the air.
All that could be heard was a loud scream as the hatchet made contact with a seemingly hidden survivor. He knelt to the ground clutching his stomach and yanked out the hatchet and threw it to the ground. He bit his lip to muffled the sounds of his pain and ran. His legs carried his over a window in the wall. One swift turn and he was out of sight. He was not going to be the first one down. No. He refused.
The Huntress marched on seemingly loosing him in the dark ferns. He let out a sigh of relief but his victory was short lived as a strong hand griped hold of him and yanked him out of his hiding spot. He was thrown over the strong Russian womens shoulder.

"David has been caught. We have to act fast!" Steve mumbled and encouraged his friend beside him. "If we don't we may lose this game before it has even started." Him and a very sleep deprived Quentin had started working on a generator together. Shortly after they had heard David scream as he was found and hunted like a mouse "Come on come on! You stupid generator!" Steve yelled as the progress of the generator went up slowly. Quentin winced slightly beside him as he heard David lt out another scream and he was pushed down onto a hook and left hanging. "Fuck! Fuck." Quentin wired the last wire as fast as he could and let out a relief when the generator finally roared to life. Their victory was soon short lived as a hatchet came flying over the wall and landed near their feet. The boys scattered.

The humming grew louder as the Huntress appeared around the corner. She stopped and turned her head slowly and walked over to a locker that was located near the generator. She grabbed the door and forcefully opened it and pulled out some more hatchets. She slammed it shut causing the whole thing to shake at the force. Steve took this chance and grabbed Quentins hand and yanked him to his feet. The two sprinted across the open space and didn't look back. This earned a laugh from the Huntress as she swiftly turned to follow. A loud noise signalled that her first catch was no longer on the hook and she let out a low growl and changed direction.

"Come on David! Can you move any slower." A voice whispered as he was pulled from the hook. David stumbled slightly and winced as he made contact with the floor. He barely made a sound as he followed his rescuer.  He followed them behind a rock. Upon closer inspection he realised that it was Nea. She held her finger up to her lips signalling for him to remain quiet.

He watched her move closer to him and pull out a medkit from behind the rock. She motioned for him to kneel so that she could heal him. "Have you seen who we are with?" She asked in a hushed voice. David shook his head in response. He hadn't had chance to even looked around before he was struck with a sharp object. Nea groaned and finshed healing him. "As long as it isn't that idiotic cocky Ace."
David chose not to question why she was so worked up about being with Ace. He had his suspicions. Ace hadn't been a team player recently and was only in it for himself. It was starting to piss everyone off. David had tried to knock some sense into him but Dwight had intervened because it wouldn't end well for Ace. He moved from behind the rock just in time to see Steve dragging Quentin across the map. "Oh. Not bad. Not bad." He mumbled causing Nea to raise her eyebrow at him. "Steve and Quentin." He responded and she looked thoughtful.

Steve hated forcing Quentin to run at the speed he was running but it was for their own safety. The Huntress hadn't followed them so far but he was paranoid that she was juking them. "Steve, Steve..I think we are in the clear." Quentins soft voice snapped him out of his thoughts. Steve turned to face his friend and noticed how tired he really looked. He had heard Cheryl mention it in the past but it seemed to be getting worse. His face was a ghostly white and his eyes were red and slightly sunken in. His bedhead was covered with his signature beanie. The two spotted a generator and as they both began working together on it Steve noticed that he was nearly falling asleep.
"Quinn? You alright buddy?" Steve asked as he glanced around making sure that no lurking killer was coming for them. He had to protect his friend at all costs. Quentin looked up from the knobs and tec from the generator and gave Steve a nod. Steve sighed. "Seriously, When was the last time you had some sleep?"