10.I Am Sorry Gem

~

Dedicated to - JessGirl93 She does not need an introduction. Everyone knows her and adores her. She is the creator of Cole Stone who is the a king of million hearts. So this dedication is to thank her for giving us Cole Stone <3
Song of the Chapter - Iridescent by Linkin Park.

~

Sapphire Brooks

Have you ever had the sudden urge to go into hibernation mode so that your thoughts would stop tormenting you? Because that's exactly what I want to do right now. I am feeling particularly vexed today and no it's not because I am PMSing because I am not. In-fact, I am cooking today – Pasta. Can you believe that?

 I – Am - Cooking.

Reading wasn't helping so cooking seemed to be the ideal modus operandi to distract myself.

That's the level of torcher my brain is inflicting on me.

The doorbell rings and since I am the cook for today's dinner, Diana opens the door. It's Friday and it's been a hectic week. First week of semester and going back to shuffling studies and job has taken a toll on me. Ever since the first year of college, I have kept myself busy – juggling between part time jobs and burying myself in the scientific study of human mind and its functions.

I did go to a couple of parties, the frat parties were the most horrible ones and that's that.

Working at Bleecker Street Records music store during the weekdays and as a waitress at Cornelia's Café during the weekends is as manic as it can get.  Diana shares the same shifts with me in the café at weekends, even though her father sends an amicable amount of money every month for her to spend. She hates that money therefore works to fend for herself.

It's ludicrous to me that the conversation I had with Damon on Monday still resonates in my mind. I might have actually given that guy a hard time for the many times he has been considerate about my denial but the fact that Keith has returned from wherever the hell he was all this time is really not helping my rational mind to form any type of coherent decisions at the moment.

Can you blame me?

 It's like Voo-Doo and Bam! Your ex waltz back into your life.  

Diana enters back, closing the door behind her. A small rectangular box wrapped with dark brown paper is in her hand. "Sapphire, there is a parcel,"she turns the box upside down "and it has your name on it," she says and places it gently on the kitchen counter.

"From whom?" I ask. My mom would have called and informed me if she was sending something. My friends from New Hampshire have gone back to their respective colleges and the ones from NYU sending me something is not even a remote possibility. Keith does not know where I live. So that leaves...Damon? I doubt he knows where I live either but there could be a slim chance.

"I don't know. It was lying on the doorstep. There is no name for who sent it." She removes the small white paper from the box and waves it in front of me. My name is written on it in a very crooked handwriting I don't recognize.

"Open it," I tell her. I am really not a surprises person. I hate surprises. I mean really why can't everything just be pre-planned?  Think-Plan-Do -Voila!

"No, I am not opening it. Its addressed to you. What if it has a bomb or what if it's filled with bugs or something creepy like that? I don't wanna die a  virgin," Diana says and I give ger a big eye roll. Diana is dramatic but that's normal for her. Its good to see the normal, awfully funny Diana back.