22.Box of Truth

~

Dedicated toRomance for being the awesomest team ever. <3

Song of the Chapter - Here Without You by 3 doors down. 

~

***

Sapphire Brooks

There comes a time in your life where you have to open the box, the box of truth and you have to do it alone.

There is only one person who will get me out of this chaos. She knew everything that happened after he left and she was the only one who saw me at my most vulnerable.

"Hey, Mom."             

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" I have always wondered how mothers understand if something is wrong just by the tone of your voice.

"I need you to be honest with me when I ask this, okay?" I ask. Right now all I need is for her to be brutally honest with me, it is the only way out.

"Okay," she sighs and I can imagine her running her tongue over her lower lip and pursing her lips in anticipation.

"If dad had left without any notice, you know, just like that and had come back after years, would you forgive him for leaving?"

"Darling, is this about Keith?"

Is it that difficult for people to not take his name all the time?

"Mom, please, answer me," I plead.

"Yes, "she replies. I wait for her to continue.

"If your dad had a very rock hard reason to leave, I would have forgiven him. It would have taken some time, but I would have."

"Why?"

Her response is instant.

"I love him. It's that simple. When you love someone you forgive them. It's that one feeling that bonds you to that other person. It's a matter of choice. You have to choose to forgive them or not. Follow your heart Sapphire, you are a grown up woman now."

"I am?"

"Yes, you are. Also, you are my daughter. We might live in denial forever if nobody knocked us out of it but we are also fighters, we fight it. Remember what I told you about the Box of truth?"

"Yes, I have to open it and I have to open it alone,"I don't even have to think about it. My mother has hammered it into my head.

"That's right. The box of truth is your jet pack and your strength is the fuel, don't let it fade or you will fall down," she says.

"I won't Mom. Thank you"

"Don't thank your mom silly. Tell me what you found inside the box later"

"I will mom, I will."

"Take care Sapphire, I love you"

"Yeah, Love you too Mom."

With that, I hang up and lay down on my bed. Diana has locked herself in her room and is working on an essay due tomorrow so I have to cook dinner for today. Sometimes I admire myself for doing my work before time so I don't have to suffer later. Help's to keep things in order.

Damon's reaction or should I rather say him accepting the ghosts of my past without cross-questioning me was unexpected. I thought he would demand answers or even worse, walk away but he didn't. Instead, he reminded me that I do have people who care about me and I don't need to give them an explanation.

Diana, Damon, and Alex are the few most important people in my life. I know Diana like the back of my hand and so does she. Damon is the kind of bestfriend every girl dreams of – caring, supportive and most importantly someone who knows when to keep his mouth shut and just hug the person who needs it most.

Last but not the least is Alex, a brother. Ever since I joined NYU he has been the brotherly figure I missed back home. He would help me with my essays/assignments and sometimes accompany me to the library to get down notes. He would bring me coffee when I would be studying my ass off for the semester.

My blood-related family included only my parents. I have never met any cousins of mine since all of them lived seven seas apart. However, I never knew I would be gifted with a family where the significance of blood relations will vaporize into thin air.

I got a sister, a best friend, and a brother.

And guess what?

I couldn't ask for more.

_____EndOfChapter22.BoxOfTruth_____

Thank You So Much For Reading! :)

Don't forget to vote/comment! Don't be a silent reader! :) :)

***

Check out where I am being FEATURED!

The Wattpad Block Party this JULY - http://www.wattpad.com/story/39411900-wattpad-block-party-summer-edition

Also check out the official #Fanfic of the WBP written by me :) here - http://www.wattpad.com/story/40665146-%E2%9D%9Dordinary-to-extraordinary%E2%9D%9E-a-wattpadblockparty

Thank you! :)

Love you guys.

-Sash.

PS: NEXT UPDATE - TOMORROW.