18.Pirates Eye Patch

~
Dedicated to - imaginator1D for loving my After edit. <3
Song of the Chapter - Nightingale by Demi Lovato.
~

Sapphire Brooks

I drop down to my knees beside Keith, half scared that he might inadvertently hit me and half hoping that he would listen.

"Keith, stop," I whisper and gently place my hand on his left arm that is holding Damon by the neck of his sweatshirt. He freezes halfway through another punch and I don't miss the shiver that passes his body at my touch. His eyes widen and he immediately leaves Damon's collar as if it burns him.

I feel horribly guilty at what I have done, leading on Damon like that and him ending up with a possibly broken nose and jaw. Damon's t-shirt is now blood stained and his eyes are closed, but he is holding his nose so I think he is still conscious.

"Are you okay?" I ask, but Damon is unable to reply and groans in pain. That was a stupid question coming from me when I caused this. But I had to ask, he is my friend.

"I'll fix him, don't worry," Alex assures. I nod without looking at him and get up from the floor. Keith stands up and Alex helps Damon and takes him into the bedroom.

Keith's eyes meet mine, and the only two emotions I see swarming in those oceans of blues are shame and guilt. I guess my eyes reflect back the same.

The tension in the air shifts and is replaced by an electric pull. I can feel the temptation that ties me to him with so much force, like the poles of two magnets. Instantly his is eyes drop down as if reading my mind, and the pull switches off, vanishes.

"The party is over." The raven guy speaks for the first time and everyone starts leaving the flat.

Keith spares me one last glance before walking out of the front door and slamming it behind him. That is when I realize why I did what I did. Keith saying he never loved me did not hurt me then, it hurt my ego and I wanted to make him feel the same way. I didn't know then what would be the consequences of my folly.

"Sapphire?" Alex calls my name from across the living room. I look up but avert my eyes when I notice the accusation and disappointment in his.

"Yes?" I answer, without looking him in the eye.

"Go home and rest, we will talk about this tomorrow," he says and walks back into the bedroom, closing the door. I sigh, thanking my stars for giving me this brother like friend. I cannot handle any confrontation right now and I am glad he is not starting one.

Diana and I walk out of the front door without saying goodbye to Damon or Alex. Diana takes the wheel and we are on the way back to our apartment.

I look out of the window and everything comes rushing back. The yelling, the accusations the declaration, the fight and the blood.

Sober Keith is infuriating and hate worthy but drunken Keith is confusing. Not ten minutes back he said he never loved me and now he beat up Damon because I was kissing him. Who the hell does he think he is? Claiming something else and acting something entirely different.

I am still confused why he beat Damon though, he made it crystal clear that he does not love me, never loved me and he was so casual all the while talking to me. Now that I think of it, his casualness towards me hurts. Like hell.

The only thing that makes me feel a little better between all this mess is the fact that Keith stopped for me, but it also brings back the dreaded hope that had resurrected when I saw him at MDC. It is resurfacing, I can feel it, the memories, his touch, the craving to be in his arms again and I know, I know I will become vulnerable if I don't find a way to stop it.

The anger has subsided, a little, only because Keith listened to me. Though I still want to punch him in the eye so hard that is looks like a pirates eye patch.

_________EndOfChapter18.PiratesEyePatch_______

Thank you so much for reading! :)