7. Will Mom & Dad Love me Back?

~Dedicated toAhsokaJackson for being the amazing friend she is. <3

Song of the Chapter - Paradise by Coldplay.

~

 "Home sweet home!" I whoop as we enter our apartment. We have this cozy little apartment off campus. Diana's parents brought it last year and they pay the bills as well. I didn't like the idea of living for free so we made an agreement that I will pay for groceries and other necessities. Only cooking I have left to Diana because, well, I hate cooking. It's such a task.

The living room is colored in combination of shades of very light blue and white, there is a black velvet couch in the center with a glass table in front of it.. The wall behind the couch is an artwork of rugged dry bricks which gives the whole setting a young and rough look. Then there is the open kitchen and our two separate bedrooms.

I plop down on the sofa, "I am famished. Pizza?" I ask Diana.

"Okay," she sighs.

I know Diana is tired and she really needs to get her mind off everything and I know exactly how to do that.

" and Vodka?," I smirk and wiggle my eyebrows. I need a bit of a drink too. It'll get my mind off of two blue-grey eyes.

Her eyes alight; she bites her lip and nods. Bull s-eye! Vodka is her weakness, she loves it. She would drink multiple shots and then she is no longer part of the real world.

"Cool, I am sure there was a bottle in the fridge."

*****

"Cz your a skyyy, cz your a skyyy full of stars, I'm gonna give you my heart..." Diana sings if that is even considered as singing. She is standing on top of the kitchen counter and is absolutely sloshed.

"Oh! What a beautiful voice you've got Ana," I yell over the music clapping my hands. Please note the sarcasm.

I didn't drink much. Just a sip or two. Whereas Diana finished it in three large gulps. Sometimes I wonder if she is even human.

"I know right? I know I could win Grammys."

Okay. So this is what people mean when they say you are delusional. Diana was beyond delusional.

"Yeah. Totally! You could win the Grammys, but that's if you come down right now," I usher her. Please, Ana just come down or I am going to lose my mind.

"If I come down will Mom & Dad love me back?", she sniffs sitting down on the counter, her shoulders slump and tears appear in her eyes. Complete 360-degree turn of emotions. My heart tugs at her words. She does not deserve this. Any of this.

"Come here," I whisper as I hold her close and she starts sobbing again hiding her face in the crook of my neck.

"Shush. Ana. Everything will be alright," I don't know what else to say. I am as clueless as she is but if anything I can do, I am going to be there for her whenever she needs me.

"Mom..Dad...Da-..," she passes out. Oh, Ana!

I half carry her figure out of the kitchen and in her bedroom. God! She is so freaking heavy!! I put her on the bed and pull over the duvet. She is better this way, silent and asleep. Diana and singing is the worst combination ever!