5.Escapade

~Dedicated to - XxSkater2Girl16xX for being the sweetest person and writer ever. <3 

Song of the Chapter - Stitches by Shawn Mendes.

~

There is something about the wind today, the way it is slapping my cheeks, it does not sting instead it makes me feel calm somehow. It's raw and warm and it blows past my face, ruffling my hair as I lean my head on the window edge. I pull my knees to my chest and sigh.

We are now far away from New Hampshire and nearing New York. I know I am running again, escaping from the realities that surround my life. But for now this is what I want.

After she came, I cried into her arms. I cried out all the pain, the dread and fear. Fear of losing everything, fear of losing her. Everything came gushing out. Though when I was done, it felt unnaturally serene.

Sapphire, she is a true friend, always has been. I look at her from the corner of my eyes. Her eyes are fixated on the road and she is humming to herself. The only friend and best friend I ever had. She has been where my parents should have. Sapphire has been saving me from myself and she has done it every single time.

She is my savior.

You don't always need to be loved by people with the same kinship as yours. You are not obligated to be loved and rescued by the person who they say is the 'love of your life', like it's shown in all those cliché movies. Because in reality it's always the friend that saves you. It's that one friend who understands you and gives meaning to your existence when you are on the verge of being suicidal.

We all have friends, but some bonds are so meaningful that they are better un-named. That is what we have, Sapphire and I, an unnamed bond that holds more meaning than my relationship with my parents.

Wait, what relationship? My parents and I never had a relationship.

*****

Sapphire pulls over in front of a café breaking my chain of thoughts.

"I need coffee," she speaks more to herself than me, "Hot Chocolate right?," she asks. I nod and give her a small smile, she smiles back. I am really not a coffee person, surprising, I know. I sigh as she gets out the car, New York is just a few miles from here.

For me, that is home.

I squint my eyes to read the name - Magic Dust Café. This café, I know this one, this was where we came often when on road trips during high-school. This was where everything had happened and ended.

Sapphire walks out of the café with two medium-sized cups and an ashen look on her face. She opens the door and gets into the driver's seat. Her expression has completely changed from what I saw a second ago, she is smiling at me now and gives me my cup of chocolate milk. She puts the car into the ignition and we are again back on our way to New York. There is one constant thought on my mind though.

What did just happen in there?

_________EndOfChapter5.Escapade_________

Thank You So Much for Reading! :)

Please do VOTE & COMMENT.

Love.~Sash.