Chapter 25: Summary of the Meeting.

Jack Frost POV:

Well I can honestly say I didn't see that coming. I had had his name wrong the entire time. What kind of name was Dumbledore anyway? If the kids I was supposed to be teaching all had names like that I might as well quit now.

I had my fair time with the odd names throughout history and now I'd finally gotten to a century with simple names like Claire, or Jake. It would be my luck to end up in the one place where people were still named after the knights of the round table or something.

My heart coughed and I was jolted back to reality. The Professors, except for Lupin who was still hiding his face, were staring around at each other like they'd all just made a silent pact.

I was immediately on guard. The last time I'd seen faces with that look had ended with a burning building, several small cannons, and the rather urgent need to jump out of a tall second story window.
I didn't want a repeat of that. This building was significantly higher.

Thankfully the rest of the meeting seemed to pass much better, though there were a few hiccups when it came to my name, age, and the fact that I'd never practiced magic.

I had a feeling they wouldn't ever believe that my given name was Jack Frost and I didn't blame them. While it wasn't technically what my mother had named me, it was still a name that had been given to me and therefore counted as my given name.

The trickiest part was convincing them I could teach magic when I'd never learned it but after I "conjured" boiling water in a floating bowl of ice they started to cave.

Key word there being started. I can tell you right now, nothing short of saving their lives was going to change their opinions of me. I didn't worry too much though. With trouble always following on my heels I was annoyingly sure I would get the chance to do just that.