Chapter 1. Banishment

Percy was out of it and he knew it.
He couldn't hear Zeus yelling at him, red faced in anger.
He couldn't comprehend the lightning bolt in his hands or Hades urgent, almost desperate look as he held his younger brother back.
Poseidon sat unmoving beside him.

Yes, Percy was numb and he knew it.
But he didn't care.

He couldn't hear Zeus because his ears were still ringing with screams.
Their screams.
And what did it matter if Zeus killed him?
He couldn't go back to camp when there was nothing of the camp left.

Hestia places a hand on Percy's shoulder, shuddering as if the contact hurt her physically.
"Percy, please. They would want you to fight. To live."
She didn't have to say more, though she had planned to.

He turned his head to look at her, the numbness evident on his face. he was a blank sheet and no one would have guessed how it would be filled in this time.
"Then I'll fight... I'll live."

Percy folds his features back into that of a soldier.
The shattered pieces of him snapping back together, but in the wrong order.
This, was something new.

Hestia and Hades exchange a look across the room.
Their faces saying the same things.
They aren't sure if they like this version.

A silence had followed the sudden rigid transformation.
Everyone had noticed the grotesque way Percy had changed but no one could comprehend what had made it so..wrong. Or what had made the change noticeable at all.

Zeus' face cooled and he lowered the master bolt, which had been pointed straight at Percy's chest before.

"As I was saying, Sea Spawn. You must pay for your crimes. My own children are among the dead and yet time and time again you emerge from the rubble Mostly unharmed. It's impossible unless you were a double agent."

"So," this new Percy spoke. "You are killing me..for winning?"
There wasn't an ounce of emotion in the teens voice. No sarcasm, no annoyance, and no worry.

"We aren't killing you."
Was the only thing that Zeus could bring himself to say, trying very hard to cover the fact that he couldn't look at this Percy.

It was like looking at something through the Mist. You just knew it was wrong. It had been different a moment before but you couldn't tell why or how it had changed.

"Then what, pray tell, are you planning to do with me?"
Even Percy's voice was different.
Cold and calculated.
Each word was measured before use.
The ingredients for a bomb being put together but not allowed to mix;
..Yet.

Zeus studied his master bolt as he answered, trying to come across as indifferent instead of submissive.
It only worked at a passing glance.

"For your treachery, Jackson, you will be banished from this century for ten millennium; or until we feel you have repaid the life debts to those you failed to save."

The council looked to their fallen Hero, expecting anger, sorrow, despair, begging, groveling. Anything that showed he was still just a human kid. Still only 16 years old.

His expression hadn't changed at all. If Percy had been relaxed and easy like an calm Caribbean ocean before this war, That ocean had frozen. No feature on his face reveal the treacherous depth beneath.

"Fine."
Percy said simply.
And held his hands out slightly from his sides. Palms up to show he was unarmed as well as say he surrendered.

Together, the council began to chant, their weapons of power in their hands as they wove an ancient spell.
Hestia covered her eyes and Hades looked away in sorrow. They hadn't been given a say in this.

The throne room darkened as the chanting picked up volume, pulling and twisting the air into a swirling shape. Wind was audibly whipping around the gods and the last demigod. Then a vortex opened behind Percy, and he was sucked in by the power of the wind.

The chanting stopped and the vortex closed immediately. There was silence for a moment as each god took their own time to contemplate what they had just done. Some grim and others proud.

Hades was the first to move, heading over to help Hestia as she tried to fan the ambers back to life in the hearth. He paused and turned slightly to look at his siblings, speaking in a matter of fact tone.
"You have doomed us all."

Then he went to help his sister in her attempt to restart the fire that hadn't been blown out by the wind. It was another force that had smothered the flames.