Chapter 33: Realization.

(This is a short fellow, I'll release the first class next I swear. If I don't you have permission to curse me at will)

Jack Frost: POV
(1st person.)

I never felt ready.
The first time a sword was thrust into my hand.
The first quest I went on.
The first battle I'd taken part in.
The first time I saved the world.
The first time they looked to me for leadership.
-The first time I thought I would die.

I had never felt ready.
Let's face it. I was a confused kid fighting a war for a father I never met who's life hinged daily on luck.
Cause that's what war is really. Just luck.
I didn't feel ready for teaching any more then I had felt ready then, but by all the selfish gods in the sky I wasn't going to let that stop me for a single second.

Sure, I'd let it give me pause. Annabeth had taught me that a little caution could foil disasters or traps sometimes and I had seen proof of that hundreds of times over the years.

But there wasn't a chance i would leave Calum or any other kid that looked as scarred as Harry to fend for themselves. I had toured the medical unit or whatever it was called.They had nothing there for mental health.

When I asked the teachers what was done for mental health I had ended up with an arm full of chocolates..
Some of it in the shape of frogs which would have escaped me if they hadn't frozen the second I held them.

Camp..both camps had taught me that an army starts with the individuals. And I wasn't seeing that here, I was seeing uniforms with no care who stood beneath them. Stereotyping one another by their color coded "personalities" as if people were incapable of change.

And just like that, my fruitless searches through textbooks and hours racking my brain was rendered obsolete.
I knew what my first lesson would be.