Chapter 29: Planning lessons and preparing.

(Yes boring sorry but I don't have time to write the next planned scene S detailed as I want to. Enjoy this for a bit because the next chapter will take me awhile. I apologize in advance.)
——————————————————

Jack Frost POV:

I woke early and sat up from my perch on a high branch in the knotted weeping willow next to the old shack.

It had tried to hit me once but it had only tried the once. Since then, I found it made a better resting place then the shack, which was in danger of falling down on top of me. Plus, it had great views of the surrounding area.

Today was my last day sleeping so far from the school. According to Dumbledore, I would be moving into my own Professors rooms today.

Himadri was asleep on my raised knee and though I had a room to scope out, classroom to find, and a lesson to prepare, I was reluctant to move. The muscle she had torn was healing nicely now that she wasn't constantly aggravating it. I didn't want to wake her.

Slowly I watched one of her dark blue eyes open. Then when she saw me watching the eye snapped shut again.
"Ohhh I see how it is."
I told the bird. She didn't move.
"You're awake you liar. You just don't want me to move. Comfortable are you?"

Himadri cooed softly, the sound vibrating lightly deep in her chest and I chuckled, gently picking up her feet to remove her from her spot on my knee. Her talons immediately wrapped around my hand and wouldn't let go.
"Not a handshake Himadri. Let me go."

Her talons loosened until she was simply balancing on my hand and I
set her on the branch beside me. I rubbed her head with the back of my fingers to get some of the melting frost off and she nipped lightly at my hand. "All right all right I'm going. You're bossy."

Then I slipped down the tree and headed towards the dark castle, unconvinced that any room housed within would be as peaceful or comfy as a tree.

——————-Time skip———————
(He has been shown his bedroom, classroom and dining hall. He also asked to see the kitchens and infirmary)
His guide informs him that his classes will be taught by each of the other Professors until he has time to plan some lessons.

I have an office.
Why do I have an office?
I don't know.

It's attached to the classroom I'll be teaching out of and looks out towards a field with tiny little hoops high in the air. My guide, a HeadGirl; whatever that means, told me that it was the field used in a game called quidditch.

To the left of that is the lake, which I've learned is called the Black Lake, which they've started calling the Serious Black Lake in tribute to somebody important, though I don't see how adding the word serious in front does anybody any tribute.

If I open the last large window in the right, and stick my head out to the right I can see the shabby little shack I had been sleeping in and and it's matching shabby tree.
For some reason, that calms me.

Now alert and clearheaded, I dismiss the head girl and start sorting through the notes and materials piled in my office. I want to get my class going as soon as I can, hopefully by tomorrow and i have exactly zero experience teaching.

Most of my entire life was based specifically on not making plans because they never went well anyway. It was going to be a long day.