Chapter 70: Constellations

3rd Person POV:
-

"It takes determination to heal. Right when you should be allowed to break down, to scream at all the deaf ears that never heard you that you can't do it anymore. Most people never realize when someone is in pain.

Wounds don't close on their own. They can tear open and bleed just like souls.
Sometimes the scars don't fade. They stick around to remind you of the battles you've made it through. Good or bad, you don't always have a choice.

But I tell you. Scream. Keep screaming because someday, someone will hear you. Don't let them silence you when they already took so much else.
Got it?

If you take literally nothing else away from this school term remember this. You are wanted. You are needed. And you will be heard.. All right?"

Headmaster Frost draws the year end ceremony to a close with words that make more sense then the mindless jargon Dumbledore managed, even if it was a bit longer.

Everyone enjoys the massive meal conversing with friends at the now box-shape the pressed together tables make that allow any house to sit anywhere they please.

The Professors tables were also brought to the front of the platform so they were within easy access for questions, comments, conversations, and the occasional warning.

After the meal a peace has settled over the school like a blanket of emotional warmth. The walls themselves practically radiate the words
"this place is safe."

The conversations had died down from jovial laughter to murmurs as everyone settles.
Jack has other plans though.
Attention snaps to him as he stands and makes his way back to the front. He steps off the stage.

He was never one to flinch in a battle but placing him on a raised platform in the spotlight was an entirely different matter. He'd been hanged far too many times to enjoy that ever again.

His eyes flick around the room, internally chuckling when he's greeted with ready silence and mostly attentive eyes. a transformed mass since the numb confusion he'd seen at the beginning of the year .

"You don't have to join me in this, but I thought we could start a new tradition in replacement of the house cup Ceremony I took away, though Hufflepuff did do an amazing job." -

Jack has to pause as good natured banter stirs up, many hufflepuffs hair being ruffled and congratulations given.

- "I call it the Constellation Ceremony.
I have stars made of light that we can release as a tribute for all the people we never got to say goodbye to. It doesn't have to be recent, it doesn't have to be through war. Just...someone you've lost. "-

Professors as well as students begin to murmur and glance around, trying to gauge everyone's reactions. Most have small smiles, some accompanied by tears, both happy and sad.

- "The spell is rather low level so you can release as many as you want I can make more. Again, this is entirely voluntary so don't feel pressured okay?"

There is a moment of silence before everyone stands as one. Looking to Frost as he blinks. He never expected so many..

He smiles. It would be small and pitiful on anyone else, but big smiles break out of everyone's faces. By Jack's standards, that is a grin and it's the first time since the battle that anything even remotely similar had touched Frost's face.

"Come on then."
He murmurs, and everyone follows him out to the front of the castle.

-

It's dark out already and the stars are shining in full force. A few small clouds dart past on a relentless wind that no one feels so close to the ground. the heroine radiates the warmth it had soaked up during the day and everyone sits in comfortable silence stargazing for awhile as Jack creates the little balls of light. -Low level spell to him is not quite low level to the students..or some of the professors...most.