six

By the time the bell rung, your body was lined with a thin layer of sweat and your limbs were falling limply against your body. You hadn't been too uncoordinated for your first time, but it still wasn't anything you were used to.

Reno, Riku, and Yuffie on the other hand were a different story. The three of them breezed through Tifa's instructions effortlessly. They didn't hesitate to mouth small words to help you throughout, thankfully.

Your hands fell at your side as Tifa dismissed your class and you began to walk back to your seat to gather your things, panting throughout. Riku watched you with amusement.

"That bad?" he asked. You looked over at him with a glare.

Smug asshole.

"Whatdayya got next, [Name]?" Yuffie's voice broke you out of your annoyance.

You took out your schedule and were much more pleased to see your next "different" kind of class. Finally.

"Magic with Estheim," you replied. Her face contorted into a childish frown.

"Aw, man. Not me. At least your teacher's a hottie," she told you with a wink. You laughed at her as Reno groaned.

"Come on, Yuf, be a little more innocent, will ya?" the redhead asked.

Yuffie rolled her eyes. "Yeah sure, Mr. I-Was-Staring-At-Her-Butt-The-Whole-Class."

Your face lit in a shade of red as Reno merely smirked and shrugged. You looked away from the two of them quickly and turned to Riku.

"U-Um, where do I go?" you asked.

Riku's expression was one of amusement at your expense. He smirked softly. "Two doors down to the left."

You nodded at the silverette before slinging your bag onto your shoulder and waving at the three friends collectively. You walked out of the classroom and walked down the short distance Riku told you to before entering the room.

This room had exactly the same layout as the one before, except the walls were lined with targets. There was still a large space in the center and chairs and the teacher's desk on either side of the classroom.

You were only the fourth person to enter, and as such just sat down in a random chair. You looked ahead to see the teacher already sitting at his desk.

Damn, Yuffie was right. Despite being a little feminine-looking, Mr. Estheim had a gentle face and soft, attractive features. His gray hair glistened underneath the classroom lights.

You turned to look at the doorway to see if you would recognize anyone else walking in. More people began to bleed in and you started to lose hope in having a friend this class until a certain three walked in.

"Yo, it's [Name]!" Axel exclaimed, pointing at you. Roxas and Xion were standing by his side.

Grinning at the boy, you waved and motioned towards the seats around you. Xion took the seat closest to you while the other two boys sat behind you and next to each other.

"Hey, [Name]," Xion greeted. You smiled at her and turned to see Roxas, who you still hadn't formally introduced yourself to.

"I'm [Name]," you said. Roxas gave you a soft smile.

"Yeah, I know. I mean-" His face flushed as he awkwardly waved his hands in embarrassment. You found yourself laughing at him. "Um, forget it. Roxas."

You nodded at the boy before hearing the other one speak up. "What, no hello for me?" Axel teased. You rolled your eyes before looking his way.

"Hello, Axel. How have you been? How's your day? How are you doing?" you replied. Axel grinned at your sass.

"Hello to you too, [Name]. Glad to have you here with the trio."

You smiled at the three friends who seemed to, despite their incredible personality differences, fit perfectly together. The bell rung and everyone stopped talking to look over at Mr. Estheim.

He stood up and walked in front of the classroom. "Alright, class. During this next school year we're gonna focus on sharpening your magic skills that you've learned for the past three years here at D.I.A.G. Is anyone here a transfer student?"

Your three friends eyed you as you raised your hand, embarrassed to be the only one in the classroom. Mr. Estheim glanced over at you.

"Do you know anything about magic?" he asked with a sincere tone.

You pondered how to answer his question. "Not really. But, I can do it."

He blinked once before twisting his face in confusion. "How's that?"

"Uh, I don't know. I've just done it before. I cast a fire spell once, but I've never tried to do it again since I don't know how to control it," you honestly answered. He gave you one more confused look before smiling.

"Well, that's what we're here for. All you guys, front and center," he called.

You walked up alongside Axel, Roxas, and Xion to the middle of the room. They all turned to align themselves with the targets along the wall, and you did the same thing. Mr. Estheim stood behind you all.

"Alright, since I'm sure a lot of you still need a refresher since you probably haven't done this since the last school year, go ahead and shoot fire on my mark, aiming for the center of the target." He paused for a moment. "One, two, three."

At first, you were clueless. The first time you'd cast this spell had been a total accident and you'd just been playing around. How you were supposed to shoot it directly in the center of a small target was beyond you.

But, there was nothing else to do but what you had done before. Hoping for the best, your hands burst with magic.

You did what you had done in Twilight Town, and thankfully that was the right thing to do. At the count of three, everyone in the room aimed their hands towards the target and collectively yelled, "Fire!"

Your eyes were closed the whole time, but when you opened them you saw everyone's eyes on yours. You looked towards your target.

It, along with Axel's, was the most burnt of everyone's. Your target had a giant blank scorch mark extending across almost it's entire surface. You felt a hand on your shoulder and turned to see Mr. Estheim.

"You're a natural, [Name]," he congratulated. You gave him a small, unsure smile. You turned around again and made eye contact with your three friends. Axel gave you a thumbs up.

The class slowly turned back around, but you could still hear some whispering sounds and see some shocked facial expressions. However, they all quieted down again as Mr. Estheim spoke.

"Alright, great job. Now, blizzard. One, two, three!"

Destiny Islands Academy for the Gifted (KH/FF)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें