eight

"It's okay, [Name]. You got just one more week of broadsword training. After that, you get to kick ass with some other weapon!"

"Yeah, Yuffie's right! And, if you told me right then you must be really good at magic! It balances out."

"Hm. Yeah."

Despite your three friends trying to console you (if what Squall said was consoling), you couldn't get over the embarrassment that had occurred. What teacher calls out a student like that? Bitch.

You fixed your hair as you picked up your bag. "Thanks, guys."

Yuffie beamed. "That's what friends are for!"

Giving Yuffie one more appreciative smile, you turned to Serah who was hurriedly gathering together her purse. She made her way towards the door while waving back at you.

"Gotta go to club, guys. See you! Nice meeting you, [Name]!" she called.

You waved back at her. How could such an angel have the sister that she had?

Yuffie grabbed your arm and tugged you along next to her before facing Squall. "Wanna walk with us?" she asked him. You both already knew the answer.

"No." The brunette took his leave.

Your friend sighed. "Whatever, Mr. Grinch."

You laughed at Yuffie's words before asking, "So where are we going?"

She only shrugged as you both made your way out of the classroom, going downstairs and walking around the school. Since the classroom was on the edge of the building, you would have a long way to go before reaching the front.

On your way, you saw a stand with books atop it. You turned to Yuffie with a questioning glance.

"Hey, what are those?"

She followed your gaze to see they were on the stack of books. Yuffie smiled and released you before going to a book, picking it up, and walking back over.

"Yearbooks! They're the leftovers from last year," she explained. You nodded while she opened it up, turning to the section with junior class pictures.

She reached the K section, and you skimmed the page as her fingers glided across it. She pointed to one picture with pride.

"Aha! There you go. Yuffie Kisaragi, beauty queen," she joked. You laughed while she flipped her hair dramatically.

"Even prettier in real life," you told her sweetly.

Yuffie gave you a big smile. "Thanks! You want to keep it?"

"The picture?"

"You wish!" she exclaimed, sticking her tongue out. "The book, dumdum."

You made an o-shape with your mouth as you realized what she was saying. "Can I? I don't have to pay anything?"

"Nah, these are just the scraps," she explained. You nodded before taking the book out of her hands and putting it in your bag, instantly feeling it weighed down because of its thickness.

"Well, I better get going. My cousin's waiting for me at home," you told her. Yuffie pouted.

"Wait, are you sure you don't want to go to a club or something?

________________________________________________________________

SORA:

You scrunch up your nose as you start to weigh your options. It was already 2:38; the bell had rung at 2:30. You told your cousin you'd be home by 2:45, so you really shouldn't...