iii. beauty and the beast

MARIA GEORGE was rehearsing choreo in glee today, and she was bored shitless, "Five, six, seven, eight

MARIA GEORGE was rehearsing choreo in glee today, and she was bored shitless, "Five, six, seven, eight. Step and step. Step and step. And turn it around. Down and up. And hit, hit down hit." Schue instructed.

"Can we stop, please?" Rachel requested.

"You don't have to ask me every time for permission to go to the bathroom, Rachel. You can just go." Schue replied, causing Maria to snort.

"It's not my bladder. It's the choreography." Rachel protested, again making Maria laugh.

"Okay, what's wrong with the choreography?" Schue asked.

"It sucks." Rachel insisted. "We can't compete with vocal adrenaline with these steps. You're a great vocal coach, Mr. Shue, But you're not a a trained choreographer. That's what we need to be the best. We need Dakota Stanley. He's the best show choir choreographer in the midwest. He works with Vocal Adrenaline. We can't take regionals without him. He was the understudy to the candelabra in Beauty and the Beast on broadway."

"LUMIÈRE! His name is fucking Lumière, Rachel." Maria exclaimed, earning stares from quite literally everyone in the room. Beauty and the Beast was her favourite Disney film, "Continue."

"Just because he understudied doesn't mean he ever performed." Schue protested, ignoring Maria's little outburst.

"Did you ever perform, Mr. Schuester? After high school. Did you even try?" Quinn asked, and then the bell rang and it was time for Maria's next lesson: English literature.

It was the next day and Maria was sitting with Kurt and Mercedes in the Choir room waiting for Schue discussing Madonna's latest album Celebration, when Rachel walked in "He's not coming." She stated, he obviously being Mr Schue.

"What happened?" Finn questioned, on behalf of everyone.

"You gave him sugar cookies?" Maria asked incredulously, "also do you have any left?"

"Of course he doesn't want anything to do with us after you kicked him in the nads." Finn blamed.

"Then why did he thank me?" Rachel questioned.

"Because he wanted the cookies." a hungry Maria insisted.

"The goal is to win. And now that Mr. Schuester has agreed to let us hire Dakota Stanley, we can." Santana commented.

"But he doesn't want us to. He just doesn't have the confidence to coach us anymore. Guys are real sensitive when it comes to this kind of stuff." Finn maintained.

"And that's my fault?" Rachel inquired.

"I'm bored. All those in favor of hiring Dakota Stanley?" Quinn asked, quite literally saving the day. To which, everyone, except for Finn, raised their hands.