xv. saving all my love for you

"A roller rink? Weren't those outlawed in, like, 1981 for being totally lame?" Santana complained

"Literally, I'm pretty sure my mom was conceived in one, that's how out they are." Maria agreed.

"Come on, guys. Where's your sense of adventure? The space is great and April is giving it to us to practice in for free." Schue motivated.

"Mr. Schue? If I may? The New Directions is clearly a club with a dearth of direction. Rachel and Jesse refuse to accept that all of us would rather die, before we allow them to become the next Beyonce and Jay-Z, and Finn's mother's romance with my father, is sending him into a wholly unnecessary tailspin of despair. What we all need right now, is to explore the idea of a sense of place, and how if we find that place within, we will get that happy ending. Brad, B-flat." Kurt stated before singing A House is not a Home by Dionne Warwick.

Maria was sat in assembly, awkwardly inbetween Rachel and Jesse, as Mercedes took centre stage "Hey, guys. I'm Mercedes Jones. So most of you know, Cheerios is about perfection and winning, Iooking hot and being popular. Well, I think that it should be about something different. How many of you at this school feel fat? How many of you feel like maybe you're not worth very much? Or you're ugly, or you have too many pimples and not enough friends?" Many of people raised their hands, including Maria, "Well, I felt all those things about myself at one time or another. Hell, I felt most of those things about myself today. And that just ain't right. And we've got something to say about it. And if you like what we have to say, come down here and sing it with us."

Maria was at the church music group that she ran when she had an idea, an epiphany of sorts. She realised she could sing about her emotions there because nobody knew what she was singing about.

"Hi!" Her favourite student, Courtney, greeted.

"Hey Court! Hey class!" She greeted in return,"So, today, I have a song I want to sing for y'all, sing along if you know it" which was classically well-received. "A few stolen moments, is all that we share." she began.

Jenson cheered, the boy had always been a massive Whitney Houston fan ever since Maria had known him. "You've got your family, and they need you there." the class joined in.

"Though I try to resist, being last on your list." Kimber and DeShawn ran to turn off the lights as the class began to wave their torches (that they had gotten from Maria when she ran a music camp over the summer) above their heads.

By the time the song ended, all the people in the next room (including members of Maria's family) were huddled against the door listening to Maria and the children sing.

"Hey, was that about that guy from your Glee club? The one your cousin Jay told your Aunt Bridie about?" Mikiyah asked.

"Jay said what now?" Maria questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah Jay said you liked some kid from Glee. Jesse something?" Alaina explained.

"Oh, you like me?" Maria heard a very familiar voice from behind me say as smirks appeared across the childrens faces.

"What are you doing here, St. James?" Maria smirked, causing most of the kids oooo and ahhh - it was this moment that Maroa realised that she had helped to raise instigators, "kids, go tell everyone that Jay likes Kurt." Maria instructed.

"Ha ha, you like me." Jesse teased.

"Oh my god! I do not!" Maria insisted, attempting to not blush, "Alaina's a bullshitter."

"Okay" He said in disbelief, before they heard an angry yell from her cousin Jay in the next room - the kids had caught up with him. "You wanna get out of here?"

"Oh definitely. He's going to murder me." Maria stated, and then they left in his Range Rover and went to the beach of all places. And Maria had a jolly time, which was eerily reminiscent of the opening scene of Grease.

"What's that you're writing?" Jesse asked on the car ride home.

"A song, why?" Maria questioned.

"Let me see." He insisted.

"No." Maria said.

"Please." He begged as they were pulling into Maria's street.

"Goodnight, Mercury." Maria stated.

"Mercury?" He questioned.

"You're the only person I condone covering Queen songs." Maria smiled.

"Goodnight, Houston." He greeted, causing Maria to skip home with a smile on her face.

A U T H O R S N O T E
this chapter was too fucking cute. kinda disappointed bc i totally thought bad rep was next but this chapter is cuter now so slay ig