xix. bad romance

"You ok, babe?" Jesse asked, Maria was deep in thought thinking about a way to convince Jesse to pull a Heather Chandler on Rachel

"Oh, just thinking of ways to give my teen angst bullshit a body count, nothing drastic." Maria mumbled. 

"So you're turning into Veronica Sawyer?" He questioned.

"Only if you'll be J.D." Maria insisted.

"So we're killing Quinn tomorrow then?" He pondered.

"Hold up, we're not killing Quinn, she's not the most popular anymore, that would be Santana - who is clearly a Duke. But, Glee-wise, I'm Veronica, Mercedes is a Duke, Tina's a McNamara and Rachel's Heather Chandler." Maria explained.

"So, really if you think about it, in all situations you're a Veronica." Jesse commented.

"Essentially." Maria mumbled.

"You want to watch Heathers?" He asked.

"Hell yeah!" Maria exclaimed, excited, before getting the dvd.

"It's so weird." Artie commented.

"This so isn't you." Finn mumbled.

"I feel like an Asian Branch Davidian." Tina complained.

"Tina, are there any other looks you can try?" Schue asked - and the suggestions really varied: biker chick, cowgirl, hood rat, computer programmer, cross-country skier, Catholic school girl and Happy Meal.

"Look, I appreciate it, guys,but it just isn't me. I know who I am, and I'm not allowed to show it. It's like communism." Tina complained.

"I'm not sure that's how communism works." Maria stated.

"Guys, we have a serious problem. You know how I've been doing some deep background on Vocal Adrenaline ?"

"Stalking, Rachel, that's called stalking. And speaking of stalking - did you find your mother?" Maria asked, she knew fine well how her search for her mother was. Her mom was Shelby the Vocal Adrenaline coach. So she was assuming the deep background was just asking mama.

"Isn't that against the rules?" Artie pointed out.

"No, not at all. Or probably. Whatever ! Anyway, what I figured out; I rooted through the Dumpsters behind the Carmel auditorium and I found 18 empty boxes of Christmas lights." Rachel stated. "Which led me to Joelle Fabrics. I asked them about red Chantilly lace. They were sold out."

"Oh, sweet Jesus." Mercedes fretted.

"Shit!" Maria yelled, in shock.

"Wait, what?" Schue  asked.

"They're doing Gaga." Kurt clarified.

"That's it." Maria exclaimed.

"It's over." Mercedes continued.