Chapter 14 - The Switch (In Which Race and Ike are very Annoyed)

A/N, Weasel is chilling. Race looks like he's seen a flying cigar. Morris is looking down at the Newsies in disgust. Oscar, he's watching Elmer, who's standing on the papes. Mush, what is your pape bag doing? Jack, you don't look tough. Blink, you bean, you look so excited. I didn't know Davey and Les were in Carrying the Banner. And the twins, you're adorable.
Third Person POV

Race grumbles, smacking Albert with his hat over and over again. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." He repeats.

Albert chuckles. "It's worth it." He states.

Eliza chuckles.

All of the boys were wearing each other's clothes.

Race had his own pants and shoes, but Albert's socks, flannel, vest, and hat, and Spot's undershirt and suspenders on.

Ike was bright red and annoyed as well. He had Hotshot's undershirt, vest, hat, and suspenders on.

Boots wasn't horribly happy with this, but he wasn't annoyed. He had Red's undershirt, flannel, hat, and suspenders on.

Boots did like that Red's clothes smelt like him.

The three boys, along with Albert, were selling in Brooklyn today.

JoJo bounces down the stairs, grinning.

He bounces over to Romeo, who was also smiling widely.

JoJo was wearing Mike's vest and undershirt, along with his hat and suspenders.

Romeo was wearing Spec's flannel, vest, socks, and hat. He had his own undershirt and suspenders on.

Specs and Mike share a look, chuckling softly.

"Mom," Mush walks into the room.

He was wearing Blink's undershirt, suspenders, vest, and hat. He had his own flannel on though.

"Your Thursday socks are in the laundry room." Eliza answers.

"Thanks!" Mush shouts, running off.

"Does Blink want him wearing that today?" Crutchie asks.

"It's mess up his schedule, so I'm fine with it. He needs to do that." Blink explains, standing in the doorway. "It's kinda cute." He was blushing softly.

Eliza chuckles.

Elmer was wearing Crutchie's clothes. He was wearing his flannel, undershirt, suspenders, socks, vest, and hat.

They swapped hats for the day.

Buttons was wearing Henry's clothes. He had on his undershirt, socks, suspenders, vest, and hat. He had his own flannel on.

Ike sits next to his brother, grumpily.

Mike looks at him, before laughing.

Ike rolls his eyes. "Be glad you don't have to do this." He mutters, annoyed.

Mike chuckles. "Enjoy it, Ike." He responds.

Ike rolls his eyes.

"Mike's right." Eliza tells Ike. "You're only kids for a little." She reminds him.

Ike shrugs. "He's going to force me to wear clothes whether I'm fifteen or fifty." He responds.

Eliza and Mike laugh.

Tommy boy walks to Race again, hiding his head in Race's neck and hugging the boy who was the same height as him.

He was wearing Finch's undershirt, flannel, vest, socks, suspenders, and hat.