了1 ˣ 四

Word has it that the reason why Professor McGonagall called for Harry's attention was to appoint him as the new seeker for the Gryffindor quidditch team. From what I learned from my brothers, a first year cannot participate in the game. But since Harry was admitted to the team, he is now the youngest seeker in the century. When the talk reached to Draco, I had to endure a whole afternoon of him rambling about Harry and all the flowery words that came out of his mouth. 

When the following day came, I thought that Draco's frustration would subside, however, he was still bitter at the fact that Harry made it into the team. I've already told him my words of comfort, they help him, they really do. But whenever someone just mentions Harry's name, he goes back to scowling and sending him threats. As if we were back to square one again. To cleanse my ears, Daphne and I took a re route and wandered around the corridors. The one we went into was a bit dark and creepy place, but as we further ventured into the corridor, we found a trophy case about the past quidditch players. 

"Bella, look! Your siblings are here!" Daphne points at the glass as I walk towards her side. I saw three gold plaques with the names and in the middle was Philip Chu with the word seeker beneath his name. 

"Where have you been? I was waiting for you in the common room and I had to endure Parkinson clinging on my arm. A nightmare if you ask me." Draco says as he shoos away Crabbe from beside him just to drag me and make me sit beside him. 

"Took a re route with Daphne, I think Pansy makes a great company for you" I said, leaning my body slightly on the table with my arms resting on the wooden desk. 

"Oh please she doesn't come close to being a great company like you" He mumbles, Professor Flitwick came into the classroom and began to stack up a pile of books to stand over them. 

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Do you all have your feathers?" From the across the room, Hermione raises her feather. A soft chuckle escapes my lips. What a show off. 

"Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing hm? The swish and flick. Everyone." 

I took my wand in my hand and made the swish and flick movement along with everyone in class. 

"Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." 

"Wingardium Levio-saaaa" Draco tries practicing on his feather, but the feather didn't move an inch. 

"You're actually saying it wrong. At least don't prolong the sa part." I said, taking my wand. 

"Wingardium Leviosa" Slowly, the feather displayed on my desk levitated off the desk and into mid air of the classroom. The same time, Hermione's feather levitated into air as well. I furrowed my eyebrows and let the feather fall onto the floor. 

"I can never have my own moment in class without her being a show off and know it all" I frowned, leaning my back onto the wooden seat instead. 

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms Granger's done it! Even Ms Chu! Oh splendid!" 

I smiled a little to Professor Flitwick until an explosion erupted from the other side of the room. A gryffindor boy named Seamus charred his feather and now his face is covered with ashes. 

"With the gryffindors around, I don't think you'll ever have your moment" Draco says, patting my shoulder sympathetically. 

Halloween was fast approaching and I received a letter from my mother saying how we were invited to Mrs Zabini's third wedding during the summer after our first year term. Of course I was ecstatic to go since the theme of the wedding is floral wonderland. 

For the Halloween feast, the tables were filled candies and cake. I was happily eating the different cakes and ice creams that were placed in front of me when all of a sudden Draco peers close to my face. I blinked twice, leaning slightly away as he leans closer. 

"Don't move, you've got something on your lip" He says, instead of taking a napkin, he uses the sleeve of his robe to wipe whatever was on my lip. A blush crept into my cheeks and I quickly looked away. Blaise and Daphne had mischievous grins on their faces while doing a thumbs up in my direction, Pansy was glaring at me, Theo was minding his food but he looked sad and as usual, Crabbe and Goyle were stuffing themselves with cake. 

"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!" Professor Quirell barges into the great hall, disrupting the solemn vibe from among us. Dumbledore rises from his seat. 

"Thought you ought to know" Professor Quirell mumbles before collapsing onto the floor. At the exact same time, a thunder erupted from the skies and made everyone freak out, screaming and getting up from their seats. Draco lets out a scream besides me and throws the cake he was eating onto his plate. Whereas I remained in my spot, still eating my cake, unbothered. 

"How are you so relaxed in this situation?" Daphne asks as she was pushing Blaise in front of her to move forward. 

"Bella, get up and don't die young" Blaise says, taking my arm and yanking me up. 

"I'll buy you all the cakes this world has to offer just come on up" Draco yanks Blaise hands off my arm as he drags me up from my seat. 

"Will you three stop it! The troll is in the dungeon, our dorm is in the dungeon and you tell me to get up when its still in the dungeon? I am actually safe with my cake here" I said, taking a slice of the cake in my plate and eating it deliciously in front of them. 

"SILENCE" Everyone stops and looks back at Dumbledore. "Everyone will please, not panic. Now, prefects will lead their houses back to their dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons." 

I sighed and finally stood up from my spot and followed our prefect, Gemma Farley, back to our common room. On the way there, Draco kept holding my hand tightly in his. It was getting a bit crowded and he pulled me closer to his side, not wanting me being away from his sight and hold. 

When we were all back to our common room, the first person to check up on me was Lynn. Letting out a sigh of relief when she saw me unharmed. When I was okay, she returned back to her own group of friends and intertwined her fingers with someone who I knew was Marcus Flint, the captain of the Slytherin team. I made a face and slowly moved away, pretending that I didn't see anything. 

To add it up, Alan was rather getting cozy in a far section with another guy who I identified as Adrian Pucey. Too much revelation for one night, I quickly ran up to my room to hide before the two of them could even see me.