Chapter Three: The Child

STRUVLAND
Chapter 3
Lilith

Samael is a smart fool. His idea to have us kidnap his own daughter during the ball to use her blood is smart but underestimating the wrath of his wife is foolish. His hunger for power will get him executed one day, but that is none of my concern, he is a pawn in this game of power that is much bigger than he thinks. This plan will fall right into place with my bigger plans to make a better name for my group. Once I establish us as powerful, The Red Eyes in other countries will have to listen to me and include me in their annual meetings. They will be obligated to acknowledge my success, they will no longer be able to cast me aside.

Alexandra saunters into the small office, her charcoal black silk dress gliding across the stone floor. The dress clings to her body and shows off her every curve while her onyx hair with a single streak of crimson, and a few stray grey hairs, spills neatly over her shoulders and draws attention to her plunging neckline. Her red-colored eyes meet my slightly pink ones and her full, glossy red lips spread into a smirk. She sits down in a chair across from my desk where I was standing and crosses her legs gracefully, just as a Blood Queen should.

"Don't you ever tire of constantly plotting everything, my love?" Alexandra asks, her voice lower than her younger sister Adelina's with a slight raspiness to it. I run my fingers through my chin-length hair and sigh.

"Sometimes, but you and I both know this is important. The seer said very clearly what would happen if I were to fail. We can't risk a child demolishing us, raising things from the dead, or causing rebellions, the world as we know it would descend into chaos." I explain, fatigue seeping through my voice. Alexandra toys with a section of the streak of crimson hair by twirling it around her finger and dropping it before repeating again.

"You forget that we have another child on our hands, which means she is unpredictable and may not do what we ask of her. We have years of progress we have to make before the child the seer speaks of is even born. We have to force Alessandra in some way to complete the task to prevent the destructive child's existence. However, you must be careful about how you go about it, my sister will ruin us if she finds out your plan." Alexandra explains. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Your sister won't do anything, she won't even find out. Penelope assured me that everything will go according to plan and by next year, the problem will be taken care of. Although, I do worry the destructive child is already here and of age."

"Why would the child wait 19 years from now to wreak havoc if it's already alive and of age? It makes no sense. Also, you know we can't risk any failures, we have been in hiding for too long. You must make absolutely sure that Penelope will not betray us. She isn't even an official member of The Red Eyes, she is just as unpredictable as Alessandra."

"I know this, but this is a risk we will have to take, there is no other way. We won't be able to be close to them for a long period of time to complete the task without somebody finding us out, which is why we recruited Penelope's help, she has worked for them for years. They trust her and Alessandra will learn to trust her just as much."

"How can you be so sure?" Alexandra asks, trailing a finger across the wooden desk in boredom.

"Trust me, Penelope has her ways of gaining trust," I assure her. The sound of heavy footsteps fills the room as Christopher makes his way in. I meet his eyes and he clasps his large hands together before opening his mouth to speak.

"Everything is ready for tonight." He informs, avoiding Alexandra's stare.

"Did Penelope tell you when the perfect time for us to enter would be?" I ask.

"Yes, she informed me that the perfect time would be a few minutes after the target meets the Lamarels, that way it will be easier for the others to kidnap Princess Rose while we grab the main target. This should occur within the first few minutes of the ball after the main target arrives." He states. I smile at him and gesture to the door.

"Thank you, Christopher, you've done well."

A/N: Please enjoy chapter three in Lilith's POV, I worked really hard on it, although, it is shorter than chapter 4

A/N: Please enjoy chapter three in Lilith's POV, I worked really hard on it, although, it is shorter than chapter 4. I love you baby darlings, yeehaw :))