Chapter Nine: The Celebration

STRUVLAND
Chapter 9
The Celebration
Lilith

Shadows twist around the poor fellow kneeled before Alexandra as she lets a devilish smile spread across her face. The man claws at the black tendrils, powerless against the older woman in front of him. I step into the flickering candlelight, Alexandra turns her gaze to me and lets her shadows recede, the man falls forward and gasps for air.

"Hello, my love, are you enjoying the show?" Alexandra asks. I shake my head.

"I told you to only use your abilities from goddess Cadea, not Yaris, and not definitely not Ila," I say, eyeing the poor fool who whimpers in pain in front of her on the stone ground. Alexandra rolls her crimson eyes.

"If you think you are in control of what I do, you are mistaken. You may be the leader of The Red Eyes but you are not to command me." She says, her voice deadly.

"Would you rather your sister find out all that she is capable of from whispers that escape this abandoned temple? She could very well use it against you."

"I planned to kill him then feast on his blood."

"You know better than to play with your food. Besides, you don't need his blood, eat some regular food, it'll give you strength."

"Ah, yes but we both know that blood keeps me as strong as I am, perks of being a trusted descendant of goddess Cadea. Now, stop speaking as if you are the one twenty years older between the two of us, dear." Alexandra says.

"Please, I won't say a word, I am truly sorry that I drank from your wine and stole some of your gold." The man chokes out, tears coating his cheeks. I part my mouth in disbelief.

"This is what this is about? Some wine and gold? Are you joking?" I ask. Alexandra sighs as the man starts choking again, no shadows in sight.

"He had no right." Alexandra states. Blood dribbles out of the man's lips as Alexandra balls up her fists at her sides. Life finally drains from the man's eyes as he falls limp to the floor. Alexandra walks up to him and turns his body face-up, then she swipes her fingers across his freshly blood-stained chin. She brings her fingers to her mouth and tastes the blood, moaning in delight.

"You need to control your anger or your sister will find out where you ran off to all those years ago, we need her thinking you are dead." I state as she grabs a dagger from the sheath on her thigh.

"She will have one rude awakening when I show up alive and well at her doorstep." She replies as she cuts the rope. I walk to her to help her tie the man from a post by his feet. When we finish, she puts a bowl underneath his head on the ground and puts her dagger back where it belongs. I had her the sharpest sword from the stone table next to us. She slices his head clean off with two hits and watches as it falls. She picks up his head and tosses it into a barrel. I watch as the blood from the body pours into the bowl.

"I don't understand why you waste blood that isn't even magical, when you can drink rich magical blood that will keep you in the best health for months." I say.

"What will my sister say when mages drop like flies left and right because I developed a dependency on magical blood, hmm?"

"You don't even need blood in the first place, you just like the strength it gives you. You'd only drink magical blood every once in a while, not enough to develop an addiction."

"You forget, I have been doing this a lot longer than you have, I know my weaknesses." Alexandra states. I put my hand on her shoulder and kiss her cheek.