Whelve

Whelve : (v.) to bury something deep;
to hide.

_________________________________

I'll never mention it again. Nobody will ever find out of my feelings and I will never tell anyone about it, no matter how much I trust them or how long it has been. No one will figure it out, I promised myself.

I could still see his beautiful grey eyes piercing into my soul, trying to figure me out. Perhaps he did, I wouldn't know. We'll never see each other again, we each went out own way. We didn't belong together. No matter how much it ached to leave, the look of betrayal in his eyes when he figured out what was happening. No matter how much I didn't want to do it, I had to. No one could find out.

The first time I looked into his eyes was at the bal masqué. He had offered me a dance and we danced all night long. We gazed into each other's eyes and I had felt so infuated with him.

The second time was when I went to buy some dresses in a well known shop. He was standing there, looking as handsome as ever and when he glanced up, our eyes meeting, I felt the world stop. I knew we both recognized each other, our eyes were telling the story of our surprise and joy of seeing one another. We spoke for the first time that day and I learned his name, what a beautiful name he had. We had parted ways once again and I had felt a tug in my heart watching his retreating figure.

The third time was when he knocked at my door. He had searched for me after getting my name and once again, looking in his eyes, I swear I could feel the world stopping. He had gotten tea with me and invited me to a walk the next day. Before leaving, he kissed my knuckles while looking straight into my eyes. My heart had skipped a beat. Light reflected in his eyes and looked prettier than ever.

The next times we saw each other, he never looked staright into my eyes. It would always be somewhere else, but never the door to my heart and soul. The 15th day, I had felt a great disapointment and wanted nothing more than to gaze into the eyes of this wonderful and lovely man.

The day after that, we went on another walk. It was quite amazing, calm and beautiful. The handsome man had givin me a flower, wich he out behind my ear. When we got to my door again, he stopped me before I got in and looked at me in the eyes for the first time in 16th days. My breath got caught in my throat and my heart started beating much faster. His hand that was on my wrist slowly got down to my hand and held it. His other hand went to my cheek and put a strand of hair behind my ear. His eyes were kind and loving, his touch was soft and I felt as tough I could lose myself. He glanced down at my lips and slowly leaned in. His eyes kept fluttering between mine and my lips, while mine did the same. My heart was beating fast and I was enticipating the touch of his lips. His mouth landed softly on mine and my eyes closed. His plump lips were as soft as I had imagined them to be. I slowly put my hands on his chest, enjoying the kiss and the hand wich was holding mine went to my waist, pulling me closer to him in a soft manner. We slowly pulled away, our eyes still closed and a small smile on our lips. When we opened our eyes, he took my hand in his and kissed it gently, his eyes on mine. We parted ways once again, knowing we would see each other the next day.

We continued to see each other everyday, kissing every now and then, always looking in each other's eyes and laughing with each other. A month later, my love with beautiful grey eyes decided to take me on a picnic in the forest, the two of us alone.

We both rolled down the hill back to our food and blanket. We ate, feeding each other strawberries and sharing jokes. I layed on my back, enjoying the sunlight on my face until a shadow blocked it. I slowly opened my eyes and found those beautiful grey eyes starring at me. He had a smile on his face wich I returned immediately seeing him. He slowly leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips. My hands travelled from his arm, resting against his chest and made it to the back of his neck, from where I pulled him closer to me. We continued to kiss until we had to pull away for air. Almost immediately, he started kissing along my jawline to my ear, and from my ear to my collarbone. I turned my head, enjoying his kisses for a while, until he pulled away, giving me a quick kiss and sitting up. We both leaned against each other, watching the sky.

When it was time, I helped him clean the place and put our things back in the basket, except for one thing, wich I kept with me. He put things down and turned to me, a wide smile on his face. He embraced me with his arms in a warm hug, his body was relaxed against mine. He suddenly tensed up, sounding as tought he was choking up and he stumbke backwards a bit. He would have fallen, had I not catched him and guide him to the ground gently, putting his head on my l'ap, running my hand trought his black hair. He glanced at his stomach, before his beautiful grey eyes looked at me, betrayal, hurt, fear and sadness filling them. I simply smiled at him softly. When he tried to speak, I would stop him. All he would do was choke on his blood. The handsome man finally took his last breath and his beautiful eyes who would always hold light and laughter in them became dull.

My smile dropped and my job was done. I pulled the knife I had stabbed him with out of him, closed his eyes and started to dig a grave for him. It would most likely be a short-termed grave, but it would give her time to be out of town when they found his body. She burried him and left, the knife still with her. She quickly caught a car and got in the cabin.

For the first time since I had started my job, I felt guilt. Betrayal and fear in his grey eyes. I had let myself catch slight feelings for the handsome man and had taken longer than usual for the job. I shouldn't feel guilty, it's against the code.

Nobody will ever find out of my feelings and I will never tell anyone about it, no matter how much I trust them or how long it has been. No one will figure it out, I promised myself.