Tired

"I'm just tired."

Thats what she always said. Whenever she let down her mask and people noticed. "I'm fine, just tired."

In a way she was. Tired of so many things, she was tired of people. They were always so annoying, so loud, never minding their own business. They acted like they cared but never truly did. They were selfish. But some were so selfless, too selfless. It was always the end of them. She was tired of people coming to her, ranting and venting at any given opportunity. Why couldn't they just leave her alone?

She was tired. School was suffocating her. She never had any free time, she always had way too much homework. Why did they expect so much from children?

Her family and friends tired her. Why couldn't they respect her boundaries?

She was tired of herself. Why did she have to hate everything about herself? Why did she have to hate her mind?

Perhaps was she too tired. Too tired to wake up again.

Perhaps she hoped she wouldn't wake up as she laid in her bed. She was alone and cold. She cried.

She suddenly felt warmth on her stomach. She opened her eyes, wipping her tears, and looked down.

She smiled as she saw her cat sleeping on her.

Maybe she wouldn't be so tired after all.