Pain changes people

She had been in pain. She tought she wouldn't make it. Yet she's still alive. Perhaps the old her didn't make it.

She was always so closed off. She was rude, she didn't like being around anyone. But there was always this one person always trying to get to her.

She ignored them. She didn't want to associate with them, but never really rejected them. They would sit next to her, and she would simply roll her eyes and keep listening to her music. Sometimes she would only keep her earbuds in without music and would sinply listen to them rant. It went on for months.

Until one day, they simply didn't show up. She first tought they had gotten tired of her, but she couldn't see them anywhere. She asked a guy she had seen them with. He looked at her with empty eyes and told her what had happened. She stood in shock and he left. She felt her heart ache, her body screaming in pain and tears started streaming down her face. She found it hard to breathe as sobs wrecked her body. She ran in the bathroom and sunk to the floor. She knew she would never see them again.

She went to their funerals. She found inspiration in them. They had opened her heart without her even realizing it. She wanted to honor their memory. Or perhaps was it hers. She didn't know, but she knew they were the cause.

She tried to be more open to the world and she would smile more easily. Even years later, she still thought of them and felt grateful for their presence in her life, no matter how short.

He had been in pain. He tought he wouldn't make it. And althougt he still breathes, he's not quite sure if he's alive.

He was a sunshine, always had been. People used it, but he didn't mind. He was there for them. Rare were the people who actually wanted to be his friend, but there was this person.

They were calm, kind and open. They were his best friend and there was nothing he wouldn't have done for them.

They were his friend, their bound was strong. No matter what they did, they would always find time for him. They would greet him every morning and spend their dinner with him.

But not this day. He felt worry and immediately picked up the phone when their mother called. She told him what had happen.

He was in a trance, he felt empty. He still had to go to class. He could've skipped, of course he could have. But if he did nothing, he would have nothing to distract himself.

A girl went up to him and asked him where they were. Eyes and heart empty, he told her. Before she could reply, he left.

He went on his day and continued to do so. He wasn't a sunshine anymore. He was grey.

He breathed, worked, ate and drank. He did everything a living person would do. But he was dead. Only emotionnaly, unlike them. Because he wanted to feel alive again. But how long would it be.

They had been in pain. They weren't sure if they would make it. And they didn't.

They were open. Didn't mind the weird looks and could handle being ignored. They were in pain, they felt lonely. So they found lonely people and made them feel less alone. Or so they hoped.

They made friends with the sunshine. They spent their morning and dinner with him. They knew he was lonely and gave him a friend.

They made friends with the closed off girl. Talked to her everyday, even if she ignored them. They sometimes felt as if she did listen.

They tried to stop other people's loneliness. Deep down they hoped they would stop theirs too.

But they didn't. And they didn't make it past that night.

They all suffered from pain. They all changed and became someone else.

Pain changes people.