Curiosity killed the cat

I flicked around the papers in hurry. I had to know the truth, i deserved to know. I opened the drawers, moving the paper around.

"Curiosity killed the cat, Rubin. Thought you knew this," a cold voice said from the doorway.

I turned around. "So I heard yes." I looked up from the papers i was holding.

"You know you're not supposed to be here," my mentor said, walking closer to me.

I walked around her. She was no longer between me and the door.

"You know i've always thrived to know the truth. You're not really surprised to see me here."

"I'm not surprised. I always knew it would be the end of you."

"My curiosity or your secrecy?"

She looked down and shook her head. "Why do you have to be so stuborn?"

"Why didn't you tell me the truth?"

She laughed joylessly. "The truth? Wich one, [name]?"

"You know wich one."

"Please, you are so naive."

"If i was naive i would've trusted you enough not to be here."

She looked at me with condescendance. "You think you're so clever. You. Are. Nothing."

"My, my. What would my parents think of your words, Frankie?"

I watched in satisfaction as her eyes widened in shock.

"What would you possibly know about your parents?" Her voice was weaker than before.

I held up the papers I was holding, a smirk on my face.

"You won't hurt me, Frankie. You're terrified of my parents. With reason of course." Her eyes shone with fear and anger. "So i'm going to walk out of here. And you're not going to do anything about it."

I threw the papers at her feet and walked out, leaving the door open.

Curiosity might have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back.