{part 2} Announcements and awkwardness

It was a week later and dumbledore was giving us an announcement. I was sat next to Fred whilst George sat next to him. We all looked up when we heard dumbledore calling for our attention.

Dumbledore: "Well now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament. The Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contest are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. He projected"

Fred and I looked at each other. Whilst dumbledore continued.

Dumbledore: "Your attention, please. I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory! That's what awaits the student who wins The Triwizard Tournament. But to this that student must survive three tasks. Three EXTREMELY DANGEROUS tasks"

I looked back at Fred and George who said "wicked" in sync. I giggled.

Dumbledore: "now we have more changes in this tournament, please welcome Barty Crouch".

Barty Crouch: "After much deliberation, the ministry has concluded that for their own safety. No student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard tournament. This decision is final"

Fred and George shouted "THAT'S RUBBISH! THAT'S RUBBISH! BOOOOO! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!

"Ow thanks for deafening me guys," I mumbled holding my ear closest to Fred.

"Sorry love" he responded hearing me.

Dumbledore: "please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of beauxbatons"
Suddenly a bunch of girls dressed in blue come skipping in. I looked around at peoples reactions and I saw Ron just staring at them as they walked past him.
Dumbledore then said " now, please welcome the boys from durmstrang"
A group of boys started walking in confidently and at the back of them was their headteacher and someone Ron was excited to see, Viktor Krum.

"No way, it's Viktor Krum," Ron said surprised.

I looked over at him and laughed under my breath.

After they all got settled, everyone was able to eat after the food had appeared. Once we had eaten we went to our dorms. We didn't have lessons that day as we were all excited about the announcement. Fred and I needed to study for POtions so we went to his dorm, George was studying DADA with Lee Jordan.

I walked into Fred's room where he was sat on his bed reading a book called "the ultimate pranks". I jumped onto his bed with excitement and he just stared at me with a smile and finally said "you ready?" I nodded and we got our books out.

Fifteen minutes later I started to feel a pain in my eye.
"Ah shit I've got something in my eye"

"Here let me check for you" he responded slightly concerned.
He leaned over our books and looked into my eye, I was looking up at the ceiling to see if he could see anything. After about twenty seconds of him staring into my eyes, I looked down slightly causing me to look into his dark brown eyes. We were sat staring at each other and I looked down at his lips then back up to his eyes. We were starting to lean into a kiss when George ran into the door. He was obviously pushed by Lee because once Fred and I had looked at the door we heard a shout saying "Lee what the hell!"

George then walked into the dorm and Fred started to act as if we were studying. Whereas I was too nervous about what to say had just happened so I started packing my things up.
"What are you doing?" free said confused
"Uh I need to go to my dorm to uh talk to Hermione about uh stuff," I said panicking "I will see you two later" I then ran out of the room.