{part 5} dances and disappointments

It was the next day and George and Fred we're sat on each side of me at lunch. We were all talking with Lee, Katie Bell and Angelina Johnson who I know likes Fred so I'm very jealous of her.
George leans over me and says to Fred "what has Ron gotten?"

"I have no idea" Fred replies

From the other part of the table, Ron pulls out frilly clothing.
"Mum sent me a dress!"

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet? Harry pulls out more lace. "Ah-ha"

"Put those down, Harry. Ginny these must be for you" Ron says walking closer to Ginny.

Hermione starts giggling "they're not for Ginny, they're for you"

Fred, George, Katie, Lee, Angelina and I laughed.

"Dress robes" Hermione continued.

Ron looked confused and embarrassed, his face was going red. "Dress robes? For what?" he blurted out.

We all shrugged at him not knowing why we would need formal clothing.

Later that day, Gryffindor house was being taught to dance by Professor McGonagall. I was sat on the side with all the girls, sat next to my sister, Hermione and she was seated next to Angelina. All the boys were sat opposite all of us. Fred and George, we're standing whilst all the other boys were sitting on a chair.

Professor McGonagall started to speak "as you all know the time ball is approaching us" Professor McGonagall continued "Now, The House of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!"
George leans over to Fred and whispers something. They both begin to bop their heads saying something.

Professor McGonagall projected "Inside every girl is a swan, waiting to burst out in flight."
Ron whispers to his guy friends "Something is about to burst out of Eloise Midgen, but I don't think it's a swan."

"Mr Weasley if you care to join me?"
Ron gets up and walks over to McGonagall.

"Now, Mr Weasley, place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?" Ron said having a voice crack. He started putting his hand on her waist when one of the twin's wolf-whistled. So he took it off. Professor McGonagall grabbed his hand and put it on her waist.

Once the music started the twins were dancing to the music. Harry must of said something to them because then I saw them lean over to him and shake their heads saying something. After all that dancing rehearsal we all went to go our separate ways before lunch. George and I both had a history of magic together. Whereas Fred and Angelina had charms together. So we all separated.

In History of Magic, I sat next to George. I got the courage to say "George do you think Fred will ask me to the ball?"

"If he doesn't then he's stupid, plus he likes you so why wouldn't he?"

"Really? he does?" I say really happy.

"Yes, so I'm sure he will ask you to the ball," George says smiling

"Thank you, Georgie" I smile.

At study hour, I was sat next to Fred who was of course sat next to George. Ron and Harry, we're talking about not having dates to the ball but I wasn't listening. I only started to pay attention when Fred passed a note to him.

Ron read aloud "get a move on or all the good ones will have gone" he passed the note back and said "who you going with then?"

Fred scrunches up the note and hits Angelina on the head with it. He whispers saying her name. She turned her head around and said "what?"

Fred was acting out actions and mouthing words of "you wanna go to the ball with me?" my heart broke and tears came crawling to my eyes.

"The ball? Yeah." I couldn't take anymore I grabbed my book and handed it to Professor Snape. I grabbed my things and ran out of the hall with tears falling down my face. I ran to the bathroom feeling sick.
I had my head in the toilet bowl throwing up when Hermione walked in.

"Y/n are you okay?" she said not realising I'm being sick "omg I'm here don't worry," she says pulling my hair back.
After a couple of moments, I sat on the bathroom floor with my head in my hands.

"I really thought he liked me, Mione why would he ask her?"

"I don't know y/n/n, maybe it was a prank," she says trying to cheer me up.

"If it was it was a sick prank"

"Literally," she said looking at the toilet. I giggled softly which turned into me sobbing.

The next day, I saw Fred in the halls and I turned around. He ran up to me trying to talk.
"Y/n I'm so sorry about yesterday I was under a lov-"but I cut him off.

"No Fred you can't do this to me I have wanted to be with you since the day we met. That first night in your bed made me wonder if I was in love with you. Turns out you don't even like me, instead you like the one girl. THE ONE GIRL who made me feel insecure and jealous. I can't keep doing it. You made me feel worthless" I say finally getting it all off my chest.

"Y/n let me speak. I was under a love potion that Angelina gave me. Luckily George noticed and took me to Snape. Angelina got suspended for a week but I'm glad you said all that because I think I love you too. I'm so sorry for how yesterday made you feel." he said comforting me. We hugged and when we pulled away Fred used his thumbs to wipe away my tears. "C'mon love, let's go to the library to study".

The rest of the day we studied and then that night I stayed in his dorm again. He gave me his hoodie to sleep in. His embrace was warmer then before. I felt comfort and secure.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I was going to have Fred and y/n's first kiss in this part but I think I'm either going to do it next part or the part after that.

Word count: 1096