Unknown Fear

*a picture of Nick and Bianca. (Kayla and Travis Kelce are one of my fav couple so just imagine them lol)

It was 3 am and I awoke to hear my son crying. Cason never slept through the night. Although he was one years old and no longer a newborn, he always seemed to want to be near his mommy. My husband would never allow the baby to sleep in our bed though. He thought that would spoil him. I groaned and slid out of bed quietly, turning to look at my spouse. I was sure not to wake him. I made my way to the kitchen, making a bottle of warm milk and headed towards the nursery. Cason was standing in his crib, bouncing up and down, excited to see me. I tiredly smiled at the sight. "Hi my love. You know it's 3am right Case?" I groggily said. He giggled. I changed his diaper and put him back into his bed giving him the bottle. He laid down and closed his eyes as he ate.

I sighed running my fingers through his soft curls. I wish we could just live our lives. Just me and him and leave his dad Nick out of it. I know it's harsh, but it would be better that way.

Snapping myself out of the daydream, I stood up and walked back to my bedroom. My husband still fast asleep. I took a deep breath and slid back into the sheets as quiet as possible.

Nick had suddenly rolled over putting his arm around my waist and pulling me closer. His grip was tight and firm.

"Is my son back to sleep?" He asked.
"Yes, he just wanted some milk" I replied, holding my breath waiting for him to respond.
But there was only silence.....Nick went back to sleep and I let out the gust of air I was holding in. It's hard to believe but I am scared of this man.