Bathroom Break

Nick had gone to an event for work and he would be gone for a few days. I was relieved because I didn't have the energy for another blow up. My bruises were starting to heal.

With Nick gone, I would have some me time again. I missed Cason a lot but I know Nick wouldn't allow me to pick him up so soon. I wanted to avoid making him angry at all costs. I thought about going back to that bar and having another drink, but definitely watch my intake this time. I got dressed once more covering any bruises and grabbed my keys, heading out the door.

It was 6pm and I was wearing something cute this time.

I pulled up to the bar and it was packed as usual. Lily was bartending and she smiled when she saw me. I walked over to the bar and she reached over the counter giving me a hug.

"Hey girl!" She screamed over the loud music.
"It's so good to see you! I was beginning to worry. You have to give me your phone number!" Lily said.

"Okay here" I grabbed her phone from her pocket and put my number in, saving it. She smiled and nodded.
"What can I get you? Bourbon again?" She asked. I shook my head.
"I'll take a margarita. Something lighter" I giggled and she smiled, nodding in approval.

I was about 3 margaritas in when I actually started to feel tipsy this time. It was a good feeling. I didn't like being drunk and I hated the sick morning afterwards. This time I was lightly buzzed and felt good. Lily and I had been talking to each other all night but not too much where I was disturbing her work. I let her know that I was heading to the bathroom. I got up from the stool and made my way to the back of the bar. I passed by a table of guys whistling at me and saying small things to get my attention.

"Let me take you on a date!" One shouted over the music. I softly smiled and shook my head no and continued walking. The guy made a fake pout but accepted my denial.

I could feel someone's eyes burning into me but I didn't know from who. I reached the bathroom but before I went in I turned around to scan the room.

My eyes locked onto the man I've become familiar with. He was staring right at me.

Rio was at the bar in the seat I had been sitting in and was talking to Lily. She passed him a drink and he took a sip, looking at me long and hard. I really wish I knew what he was thinking sometimes. I shook the thought and broke eye contact. I stepped into the single stall bathroom.

I didn't have to pee. I really came in here to freshen up my makeup and to make sure no bruises were showing accidentally. I pulled out my concealer from my purse and put some extra on my hip. This was the worst bruise out of all and it hurt the most too. I started to dab some color on it and winced at the feeling. I bit my lip in pain when all of a sudden the bathroom door opened.

"Hey there's somebody in here!" I had forgotten to lock the door. I looked into the mirror to see Rio sliding into the small space with me. I hurried and put away the make up. Fixing my skirt back into place.

I sighed. "You can't just do that. At least knock first"

He stared at me for a second and looked down at my hip. He raised his eyebrow.

"What were you doing just now?" He asked.

"N-nothing. I was just fixing my outfit." I stated.

"With makeup?" He asked again, this time more curious because he could tell I was lying.

"Um yeah. Why do you care anyways? I haven't heard from you in forever after our little deal." I said trying to change the subject.

"That's what I came in here to talk to you about." He admitted.

"You could've waited for me to come out of the bathroom Rio." I said a little annoyed wishing he hadn't seen my attempt to cover something up.

"Nah this is the perfect spot to talk business. Everyone will just think we're in here fucking" he simply stated.

My eyes widened at his bluntness and then widened some more when I realized that I've been in this bathroom with him for quite some time. What if someone who knows Nick sees me here? And with him? They will surely tell on me.

"I can't be in here with you." I said panicking

"Woah woah calm down. What's wrong?" He asked staring into my eyes.

"It's nothing. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea about us. You know..in here like this" I hand motioned back and forth.

"So what if they do?" He simply asked.
I stood there for a second.

"Because Im married. I don't want anyone out there thinking otherwise." I admitted.

"Yes you're married. You're a wife. We get it." He continued annoyed, "but are you happy with that dude?"

"Of course I am. Why would you ask that?" I was offended. Who was he to ask me such questions about my relationship.

He stared at me longer and got closer to my face, closing the gap that was between us. He leaned forward slowly and precise. I swallowed nervously. Was he going to kiss me? Why was I standing here like a statue. It's like my entire nervous system shuts down when he gets close to me.

He reached my face and now our lips were only centimeters apart when he spoke.

"Why are you always lying, Bianca?" He asked but really it was an observation. He shook his head. "Here's the money I need you to take. Don't flip it. Drop the money off to this address tonight. Don't take any detours. I need it there by 10 pm"

I looked at my phone. It was already 9pm. I looked up at him and back down at my phone, typing the address into the gps. It's was 30min away. If I left now, I would be on time. Rio bent down to pick up the bag. He handed it to me.
I reached out to take it and he grabbed my hand. Holding it for a second. I looked up at him, thrown off by his actions.

"Drop it off and come right back here. Don't go home. Don't let nobody follow you. Pay attention" he ordered.

I nodded my head. "Will you be here when I get back?" I asked like a lost puppy. I don't know why I even cared to see him so much. I think I actually missed him. He chuckled looking down and then back up at me.

"Yeah I'll be here. Just hurry back, yeah?" He opened the bathroom door, the loud music flowing in and pulling me out of the effects he had on me.

I sighed putting the bag over my shoulder walking out of the bathroom and out of the back door of the bar. I started my car and headed towards the address he gave me.