Just a few drinks

Nick didn't come home last night surprisingly. He texted me and said he would be out of town for a day. I was relieved yet I couldn't help but worry about him. I know, I want to say fuck him but it's really hard when he's all you've ever known. He wasn't always a shitty person. He used to love me correctly and take me on dates. The type to take his jacket off in the cold to make sure you were warm. But that all changed when his dad died of cancer. It was inevitable, but it broke him. He hasn't been the same since. I tried to help him through it but after a while I stopped feeling sorry for him because enough was enough.

I sat in the bed trying to figure out what to do for the day. Without Cason I was completely bored and clueless. My stress levels were at an all time high from that entire robbery mess I got myself into. I could only hope that Rio meant what he said and he would leave me alone. I had the urge to drink again but I wanted something stronger. I had barely ever went out especially not to a bar but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

I threw some clothes on. I chose something simple yet cute. It had been a while since I got dressed up.

I guess I wanted to celebrate getting myself off the hook

I guess I wanted to celebrate getting myself off the hook. I drove half way across town to a bar I looked up on my phone called "the corner." It had really good reviews. Plus it was happy hour so I figured I could make a few friends. I got into my car and drove to my destination. I got out and walked to the entrance, my heels clicking with every step. To my surprise it was packed. I walked in and all eyes were on me. I guess most people would think im new here since I never left the house. Almost everyone was staring, some men, some women whose boyfriends couldn't stop looking. I blushed and took a seat at the bar calling the bartender over.

"And what can I get for you pretty girl." She asked
I softly smiled. "Can I get a bourbon on the rocks?" I requested.
She looked taken back.
I shifted in my seat. "Is something wrong?" I asked.
"Uh no you just don't seem the type to order such a man's drink. Long day?"
I scoffed. "Try long life." I replied. She laughed and brought me the drink. I chugged it quickly. "Another please." I order. She nodded.

I was on my 5th drink and things started to get a bit hazy. I would say I was tipsy. The bartender had been staring at me in between helping other customers.

A man sat next to me. "A girl as fine as you at a bar drinking alone?" He asked.
"Im just enjoying my own companyyyy" I slurred.
"How about you make room for me too" he implied.
"No thank you" I stated. He put his arm around me . "Come on I don't bite"
"I said no" I stated once again. The bartender swiftly made her way over to us.
"Billy back the fuck off. She doesn't wanna be bothered by you so leave the girl alone" she demanded.
Billy put his hands up in defense and walked off angrily. I thanked her.
"It's fine babe. Just be careful when you leave here okay? We're not used to pretty faces in this town. Some people don't know how to handle themselves. Im Lily by the way." She held her hand out. I shook it. "Bianca. Nice to meet you".

I smiled to myself. My first real friend since moving here. Lily I repeated in my head. She was nice.

An hour had gone by and it was now dark outside. I tipped Lily but she handed me the money back. She stared at me before asking "are you sure you're okay to drive home?"

I looked at her and nodded. "Im not far from here" I lied. I was a good 30min away on the rich side of this town but I couldn't tell her that.

She nodded her head hesitantly before saying goodbye flashing her smile. I waved and walked out. I fumbled with my car keys reaching the driver door to my car. The keys fell out of my hand and dropped on the ground. I bent over to pick them up slightly stumbling as I grabbed them and stood up, making myself dizzy.

"Woahhh" I said out loud placing a hand to my head.

"What are you doing on this side of Detroit?" A familiar voice curiously asked.

I swiftly turned my head to confirm what I already knew.

I giggled. "Hi Rio." I had thought I was tipsy but at this point I know that I was completely wasted.