Til Death Do Us Part

Its been a week since I made the deal with Rio and I hadn't heard anything since. It's not like I had his number to call and ask him what's going on. He just showed up when he wanted to get in contact with me. I shook the thoughts off and continued to cook dinner.

Nick had came in from work looking angry. I hurried and faced back to the stove hoping whatever it was he was mad about would dissipate.

He took off his shoes and tie and walked in the kitchen. He kissed my neck and placed his hands on my hips. I shuttered at the feeling.
"My mom is going to keep Cason for another 2 weeks" he stated.
"Wait, what?" I turned around quickly "You didn't even ask me Nick. He's already been there for 2 weeks. I miss my son. I want him home now" I demanded. His face twisted at my authority and he took a step close to me.

"My mother misses him too. She should be able to spend time with him. He's having the best time over there... besides you've been FaceTiming him and see how much fun he's having." He raised his voice.

"That's not the point and you know it. You can't just make decisions like that and not ask me first. He's my child too." I stated.

"When did you become such a bitch? You used to obey me and just do as i say. Now you have all this back talk towards me. Im tired of it. I get home and the first thing you do is fucking nag" he yelled

I stood there dumbfounded. He was accusing me of nagging? The same man that won't even let me wear what i wanted? He was telling me that he was tired of me? I was furious.
"Listen I don't care how you do it but tell Nancy that Cason had fun but it's time for him to come home now."

"No. You're not in charge here. Stop thinking you have any say in what goes on within this family. I make the rules, i say yes or no" he said. I giggled.
"What's so fucking funny?" Nick asked, his face twisted.
"Im sorry i just think it's funny that you think you can control me. And you're trying to control me right now with our own child. That's disgusting." I stated with courage.
He looked at me long and hard. He knew something was different. The old me would never talk back this much. I was pushing my luck.

"He's staying at my mothers for another 2 weeks and that's final."
"No he is not. Call her now" I demanded.
"You know, im starting to think this little temper tantrum you're throwing is because you don't have a mother to send him to." He spat.

I stood there shocked. I blinked slowly not believing the words that escaped his lips.
"How could you say that to me?" I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek. "I fucking hate you" I said and started to walk away.

"Don't walk away from me" he argued.
He gripped my arm and pulled me back to where I was standing.
"Nick stop you're hurting me."
"Oh im hurting you? How bout now" he screamed and threw me to the kitchen sink. My hip hit the sink hard and I could already feel the bruise forming. I yelped in pain.

"Stop fucking crying. You want to be big and bad by talking back to me? Then so be it. I'll make sure I teach you a lesson and maybe you'll rethink next time" he yelled taking his belt off to his work pants. He folded it and threw me to the ground.

"Nick don't" he had never hurt me in this way before. I was terrified.

"don't go begging now. You can blame your mouth for this. This is your fault" he brought the belt back into the air and brought it down hard against my skin. I screamed in agony. It hurt badly I could feel my skin burning.

He did this again and again over and over. At some point I stopped screaming and my body went numb. He got tired and went upstairs to take a shower and sleep. I laid there on the kitchen floor in distraught. How did I get here? I was trapped. I needed a way out or Nick was going to kill me.

It had been an hour since the fight. My entire body hurt and I couldn't move. I cried out in pain as I tried to stand myself up. I was covered in bruises but nothing I couldn't cover up. I sighed knowing these would take forever to heal. I limped upstairs to take a warm shower. I got out and looked at myself in the mirror. I wanted to cry. I hated myself for staying but I truly had no where else to go.