New friends

My heart was beating so fast I was sure they could hear it. The guy asked me again.

"Where is my FUCKING money?" He yelled. The power and rage was radiating off of him. I took him all in. He was about 6'1. Body full of tattoos especially the one on his neck. Olive skin and dark brown hair and eyes. Had i not been so scared, i would consider this man very attractive. I came to a fast conclusion that he was in charge.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about. Please I don't even know who you are" I pleaded.

He laughed. "Yeah but I know who you are. Mrs Bianca Carter. 22 years young. Wife to Nick Carter mom to toddler Cason. Family died in a house fire when you were 12, you have no remaining family or friends. Grew up in Chicago before moving here to Michigan to go to college. Dropped out to get married and have a baby. Living life real good. Oh please let me know if I left out any details" he finished

I stood there frozen. I was terrified. How do they know me. Was this about the jewelry store? How could it be? No one could have seen me.

"Please I don't know who you are but I promise I won't call the cops or anything if you just leave now" I pleaded.

He chuckled " you think I care if you call the cops bitch? I need my money yo so I need you to march your uppity ass to where ever you or your hubby stashed it and hand it over before I get mad"

"I don't have any mone-" I started but was cut off
"I put a fake diamond in the baggy. Wanna guess what the fake one does?" He asked

I stood there with no answer. He smirked. "It's a tracker."

I began to breath hard. "Please don't call the cops on me. I just needed some money to get by. I didn't know anyone would care if I took it. It had insurance!" At this point it was like throw up of the mouth. I couldn't shut up. Not only did I tell on myself but I was completely at their mercy.

"Listen, this ain't no charity case. Y'all living real well in this beautiful house and neighborhood. I don't think you need any money at all to be honest with ya. Now if you give me back my half a mil and the diamonds, I'll forget this ever happened and we'll be on our way. Now run along and bring me my shit" he demanded.

"I have the diamonds..." I started.

"But?" He asked

"I spent the 500 thousand" I admitted.

He exploded. "On what! That wasn't your money to spend! What did you buy? A vacation to get away from your hard ass life?" He said with so much sarcasm I could taste it.
"You don't know me or my life." I said
"I don't really care about that sweetheart, go get my diamonds and come right back to this very spot. No funny business."
I sighed and went upstairs. I went into Cason's room, taking one of his teddy bears off of the shelf and opening its back. I pulled out the soft black baggy full of the jewels inside. I thought about taking one out but I know that will just land me in more trouble. I made my way back downstairs. He smirked seeing his property. I handed it back to him but questions filled my head. He opened the bag to make sure they were all accounted for.

"You guys don't look like you own a jewelry store." I simply stated.
He paused his counting and looked up at me.
"Let's just say we do business with a couple of business owners and they pay me a percentage. Im a business man. Mine is just a little different than most." He took his gun out from his waist band and pointed it at me.

"Please...don't." I whispered so low only he could hear me. He looked me up and down licking his lips before he spoke.
"You stole from me. Now usually I make thieves pay but you've intrigued me. Someone as fine as you, house wifey status stealing from a high class business? And if it wasn't for my idea to track my shit you wouldn't of even gotten caught....nah mama. I gotta see what you're about. I'll tell you what, since you stole my cash, I'll give you the chance to replace it."

"Wh-what? How?"
"Figure it out." He glared down at me.
"Mick, Give her 500k of the funny money and let's see how she spins it." He stated. "You got 1 month to come up with my money. Take this fake cash and turn it into real bills." He stated walking away. He stopped and turned around slightly, "Oh and if you don't, I'll be paying your little boy a visit, yeah?"

My eyes widened. "No please. Im begging you. Leave my baby alone."
He scanned my face. Almost taking pleasure in my hopelessness.
"Nothing will happen if you just do as I say....1 month. I'll be back til then." He took the diamonds and his boys followed. They walked out of the front door and I was left in shambles. My heart and mind were racing. I knew I shouldn't of done it. I really messed this up. I looked down at the duffel bag full of fake cash. How am I supposed to wash half a million dollars in a month? I am in so deep. I can't even begin to think of how to get out of this. But i know I don't have a choice. I need to come up with the money or I put my child in danger. It's my fault and I'll find a way to get it done.