Hurt

I threw on something casual for today. My bruises had finally cleared up.

I haven't heard from Rio in a week

I haven't heard from Rio in a week. I had been taking orders and doing money runs with Mick instead. I guess Rio wanted nothing to do with me now after everything that was said. I wanted to act like I didn't care, but this really burned me to the core. I hadn't done anything wrong. How could he be mad at me for not wanting to leave right then and there. Who tells someone to just pack. I mean, what the hell was I supposed to do.

This was all confusing. Why didn't I pack and just do what he said? What would we do after that? I've spent these past few months planning the perfect escape and when he gave me one...I didn't even take it. I hated myself for being so afraid. So scared of leaving this torment of a life. I deserve happiness and my son deserves the world. But I need to grow a pair and give us both what we need.

"You listenin'?" Mick looked over at me in the passenger seat as he stopped at a red light.

"Uh yeah, why did you give me this?" I asked him as I lifted the heavy loaded gun in my hand. Touching it as if it would burn me at any second.

"For protection. Duh" he chuckled.

"Mick it's not funny. I don't want to be carrying a gun, it's weird." I admitted

"Boo fuckin hoo Princess. Boss wants you to have it so I gotta make sure I give it to you. I don't care what you wanna do with it afterwards."

"Rio wants me to have it? Why what did he say?" I asked sitting up, waiting for an immediate response.

Mick raised his eyebrow curiously. "Listen, I don't know what is going on between you two, but I don't ask questions. I just do as im told. If you wanna know why, then I suggest you ask him yourself." He said pulling up to an abandoned house and putting the car in park. "Listen, boss doesn't really date aiight? Don't get your hopes up lookin for some new love cause he's not the type. Now get out the car" He nodded his head towards a direction for me to look. Rio was standing in the driveway waiting for us with a few of his men unloading cases of money from multiple vans.

My stomach flipped. He looked really good today.

I hadn't seen him in a few days and it was killing me

I hadn't seen him in a few days and it was killing me. I don't know why but I feel safe when im around him. I took a deep breath and got out of the car. Mick popped open the trunk and I went to grab the duffel bags that we had  just picked up from a few businesses. I put one over my shoulder walking over to him.

"Hey, I haven't heard from you. Everything okay?" I started.

"You got the money." He asked. He didn't even look at me.

I shook it off. "Um yeah here." I held out the bag for him to grab it. He looked down at his phone texting. My arm was becoming dead weight.

"Just go put it in the basement with the rest of the guys" he said still not looking at me.

"Okay..." I said quietly walking away. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. What the fuck was his problem. Im not the bad guy here.

Before I could enter the basement, a random guy took the bag from me throwing it down to the next person in line. I nodded to thank him and walked back to where Mr. Attitude was standing.

"Are you going to look at me?" I asked.

"Nah. Mick will tell you the next job. Be on time and don't fuck this up for me" he dryly said.

"You know what; I thought you were my friend. But now I see, im just work to you." I said annoyingly. I waited for an answer.

He continued texting, ignoring me. "Oh Uh give me the car keys" he said finally looking up at me. He looked me up and down and shook it off. He held out his hand for them.

I threw them at his face. I couldn't help myself, all of the anger rose up in me. He was treating me like shit for being trapped in an unhealthy relationship. How can you treat the victim like that? I did nothing wrong.

He held his face where the keys struck, looking up at me dangerously. He bent down picking them up. He walked over to me, towering over me now. I flinched out of habit, used to being struck when I made a man mad.

He furrowed his eyebrows together, noticing my fear. He let out a deep breath.

"Go home Bianca.. You're out." He said simply.

"What do you mean? You just gave me a job to do! How can I be out?" I screamed.

"Because you don't listen. I told you this job isn't a fucking game. So go home. Now!" He shouted. I flinched back at his tone. I stared at him for a while hoping he would take it back.

I spoke softly. "Please, I've almost got enough saved to-" he cut me off.

"To what? To leave?" He laughed condescendingly. "I gave you an out. I told you to leave that day and you didn't. So now im supposed to feel sorry for you? Im starting to think you don't wanna leave. You probably like that shit." He spat. He closed his eyes tight wishing he could take it back but the words already left his mouth, laced with anger.

I stared at him with hurt in my eyes. The water started to blur my vision. I had nothing to say. I just nodded my head and turned around on my heels walking away.