Chapter 2: Offer

Several days and streams later, you found yourself lying in bed with nothing to do. Again. Your mind wouldn't stop drifting to the email you had received the other day. Or, more specifically, YAGOO's offer.

The email was an offer to join Holostars. Apparently YAGOO was willing to hire you because 'all five of the HoloMyth girls found you interesting enough to watch your entire debut and call you once it ended to congratulate you', or something along those lines.

Of course, you wanted to accept this once-in-a-lifetime offer but it just didn't feel right. You felt like you hadn't done anything worthy of joining Holostars. The email had remained unanswered because of this.

You hadn't told anyone about the email so you couldn't ask for advice. Or maybe you could. A quick glance at your phone revealed that Calli wasn't streaming. You decided that she was the best person, or being, to ask so that's what you did. Well, tried to do. She only picked up after you tried to call her several times. 'What's up Y/N? What's so urgent that you desperately need to talk to me right now?'

'Am I disturbing you? If so, I'll just-'

'No, it's fine. I'm not doing anything anyway.'

'If you say so. Anyway, I called because I need to ask for some advice.'

'Advice, huh? Ask away. I don't know if I'll be much help though.'

'Well, the other day I got an email from YAGOO...'

'WHAT? What did he say?'

'He, uh, invited me to join Holostars.'

'Congratulations, man.'

'It's not all good though.'

'Hm?'

'I don't really feel like I deserve to join Holostars. I haven't really done anything amazing or had the time to do so.' It felt good to finally tell someone about the thoughts that had been plaguing your mind for the past few days.

After several minutes, you ended the call. Calli didn't have an answer for you but talking to her helped you think about it ina way that allowed you to arrive at one yourself. You had a calm 'just chatting' stream the next day. You decided to tell your audience then.

Several minutes after the stream had started, you leaned in close to your microphone and whispered, 'Hey chat, guess what?' You chuckled to yourself as chat exploded. You could barely read it but caught the occasional comment relating to collaborations. 'I've got some news for you.' Chat continued to explode. 'So the other day, I received an email. From YAGOO himself.' The speed of chat before you said this was nothing compared to what it had become. You could also make out comments from the HoloMyth girls amongst the others.

'YAGOO gave me a once-in-a-lifetime offer.' Now more and more people were starting to guess correctly. 'He asked me if I wanted to join Holostars.' Chat was now full of congratulatory messages. 'But I've decided to turn him down. I don't really feel like I've done anything that makes me worthy of joining Holostars. Besides, I enjoy the benefits of being a solo Vtuber.'

Unsurprisingly, chat was very understanding of your decision. You were lucky that your chat was this kind. In your opinion, you couldn't have asked for a better audience.

Some people were not understanding of your decision. Gura seemed to think that remaining a solo Vtuber would lower the chance of her being able to play rhythm games with you in the future. There were others as well but they're mostly insignificant parts of chat that no one cares about.

After ending the stream, you got a phone call from another unknown number. Once again, the responsible adult within you forced you to answer. Unfortunately, your ears did not survive the first thing that came out of the phone. As they were recovering, you could make out Kiara's voice. However, you couldn't understand what she was saying as your ears were dead.

'Hey, Kiara, sorry to interrupt but please can you give me a minute for my ears to continue working properly.'

Several minutes later, you said, 'Alright, my ears are back.'

'Hehe, I'm sorry about, uh, killing them.'

'Please don't do it again. Besides, killing things is Calli's job.' Instantly regretting mentioning Calli while talking to Kiara, you quickly asked, 'So why did you call me?'

'I wanted to ask why you refused YAGOO's offer.'

'You were paying attention to what I said after I mentioned the offer, right?'

'Mhm.'

'Then why do you need to ask me about it?'

'I feel like there's another reason that you just didn't feel like telling us.'

You sighed. 'I just feel like I should work to earn popularity and privileges, you know? Sure, joining a Vtuber agency is cool and all but if I do, there have been so many Vtubers before me that people would subscribe just because I'm a part of the agency.'

This answer seemed to satisfy Kiara as she hung up right then and there with a simple, 'Goodbye!'