Chapter 3: Collaboration (1)

You were nearing the end of another 'just chatting' stream when you decided to ask, 'Hey, chat, should I ask Calli if she wants to collab with me?' Chat started zooming, mostly filled with 'yes's.

It was around a month after your debut and you felt like you had worked hard enough to earn a collaboration. After thinking about it for a while, you decided collaborating with Calli would be the best idea.

'Hey Calli, are you watching?' You just barely caught her confirmation message. 'Wanna collab sometime next week?' Surprisingly, she agreed. Chat also seemed to think it was a good idea and was happy she agreed.

The following week, after several conversations with Calli to confirm things, it was time for your first collaboration. Just like you had done when telling your audience about YAGOO's email, you leaned in close to your microphone and whispered, 'Hey chat, it's finally collaboration time.' A quick glance revealed that everyone was excited. 'I'm sure you already know who I'm collaborating with but in case you don't, it's...'

You watched as Calli moved her avatar up so it was next to yours. 'Me! Calliope Mori!' Chat was full of 'hi calli's and 'guh's. 'Can I tell them the thing, Y/N?'

'Yeah. Go for it.'

'This collaboration is an off-collab!'

'For those who don't know what that is, it means that not only are we collaborating online, we're hanging out in person.' Chat seemed to like this a bit too much. 'Oi! Calm down, guys. We're not doing anything weird.'

'Yeah! Today's just gonna be music stuff. Do not get it twisted.'

'Mhm. Before Calli arrived, I was scurrying around my house trying to find things that make sounds.' Calli laughed. 'I found a whole bunch of stuff.' You glanced at the pile of stuff behind you.

'And that's because, today, we are sampling sounds. Mhm.'

'I've got all kinds of things for us to sample, chat. Even a guitar!' You leaned back and strummed it. 'Alright, let's get started!'

A couple hours later, you and Calli had gotten through at least half of the pile when you decided to get some snacks. You told chat and Calli that it was because they could make some good sounds but you were just hungry.

'It's been ten minutes and Y/N isn't back.' You had left Calli in charge of entertaining chat while you were gone. 'I'm gonna look for him.' Calli slid her avatar off the screen as she muted herself. 'Now, where would he be?'

It did not take long for Calli to find you. Upon walking into the kitchen, she saw you sandwiched between your fridge and the fridge door. 'What are you doing?'

'I got hot on my way to get snacks because I only turned the air-conditioning on in my room so I decided to cool down.'

'You know we're still streaming, right?'

You stared at Calli. 'Huh? O-oh yeah! We should get back to it!' Unfortunately for Calli, you would not leave the comfort of the fridge.

'Hey, Calli, let go of me!' After a while, the reaper had unceremoniously dragged you back into your room.

'I'll let go if you don't go back to the fridge.'

'...Fine,' you pouted.

You and Calli moved your avatars back on screen as you unmuted yourselves. 'Hey chat, guess where I found Y/N.' They were trying, but none of them were right. There were some pretty wild guesses as well. 'He was in the fridge.' Chat exploded with, 'lol'.

Half an hour after your 'snack break', Calli left the room to get more water. She didn't return after a while, just like you with your snack break. So you went looking for her. 'I'll be back in a bit, chat.'

It took you longer to find the reaper than it took her to find you. After several minutes, there was only one place you hadn't checked – the freezer in your garage. (Read: empty space)

'Calli! You can't just chill in my freezer after dragging me out of the fridge!' You were tempted to join her as it looked nice and cold but there was a stream to finish.

'I understand why you like standing in the fridge so much,' you heard her mumble. 'Alright, I'll be there in a minute.' Trusting Calli to actually leave the freezer, you returned to your room.

'Did you know Calli likes to sleep in freezers,' you asked chat as Calli re-entered your room. Her shoulder brushed against yours as she sat down, causing you to jump. It was freezing. Obviously.

Around another hour and the remainder of the pile of items later, you and Calli ended the stream. 'So... Now what?' you asked. You hadn't really planned anything to do after the stream was over.

Calli's face lit up as she thought of something. 'We could stand in the fridge-'

'Okay.' It was a short and simple response but it perfectly conveyed your reignited passion for hanging out in cold places. When it was hot.

You pulled out your phone as you and Calli stood in between your fridge and its door. Even though the stream ended just a few minutes ago, you already had fan art of you, and sometimes Calli as well, relaxing in a freezer or fridge.

'Hey! They stole my amazing idea,' the reaperexclaimed after you showed her some of the drawings.