Chapter 11: Thunderstorm

Rain is pretty cool. It creates a relaxing mood. Until a thunderstorm happens. You had learned the hard way that a certain someone does not like thunderstorms.

Ina was chilling at your place. Again. When the two of you spent time together, it was usually at your house. You didn't mind, though. Anyway, the two of you were relaxing when it started raining. This was nice as it added to the already high levels of comfy. Then you had an idea.

'Hey Ina?'

'Yeah?'

'Please grab your sketchbook and a pencil and follow me.' She did as you asked as you retrieved your sketchbook. You led her to your room, turned the lamp off, the main lights off, and lay down on the side of your bed. Ina joined you after you motioned for her to do so.

The levels of absolute comfyness peaked as you pulled the bedsheets over the two of you.

'Now what?' You thought Ina would understand but apparently this was not the case. Maybe she was just teasing you.

'Now we draw.' And that is what you did.

You were still drawing by lamp light when the sun sank below the horizon. Just as you left your room to get a drink, the thunderstorm arrived. Unfortunately, the power went out just as you were about to enter your room. It was now that you thanked yourself for always carrying your phone on you for, usually, no reason.

Re-entering your room with your phone's flashlight on, you saw that Ina was gone, replaced by a shivering pile of blankets. You rushed over to Ina and wrapped your arms around her, not wanting to remove the blankets as you feared this would scare her even more.

Upon realising that you had returned, Ina seemed to calm down a bit. She sat up and let the blanket fall down her back. You could barely see Ina's tear-stained face as she hugged you tightly. You returned the hug, whispering words of comfort to her.

The two of you spent the rest of the night like that – Ina finding comfort in your warm embrace. At some point, the thunder stopped and Ina fell asleep. It didn't take long for you to fall asleep as well.

When you woke up, Ina had left your room. You walked out into your living room to find her staring at her phone, frozen in shock. Leaning over her shoulder, you saw what the problem was.

Her channel had vanished without a trace.

You thought Ina was taking this well. Until she started crying. Sitting next to her, you pulled her into a tight embrace. Both of you stayed like this until Ina stood up.

'You feeling better?'

Ina shook her head. 'But crying won't fix anything this time.'

You smiled as you stood up. 'I guess you're right. I'll help you every step of the way,' you responded, taking Ina's hand in yours.

'Thanks,' Ina said with a nod.

Over the next few days, you and Ina were practically inseparable. This was because Ina had insisted that you helped her deal with her channel being banned. Naturally, this meant that she would be staying with you until the ban was lifted.

Since Ina was staying at your place, you invited her to join your streams. She accepted without any hesitation, partially because it's pretty difficult to stream without a channel.

It was exactly the third day after Ina's channel had been banned. You were just about to start making lunch when Ina walked into the kitchen, looking both nervous and excited. She jumped slightly as you asked, 'hey Ina, what's up?'

'I was... uh... w-wondering if I-I could...' She composed herself as she took a deep breath. 'I was wondering if I could live with you,' she said quickly.

You weren't really surprised. You weren't shocked, either. You just stared at Ina blankly for a few seconds before replying, 'Sure. I don't mind.'

Judging by Ina's reaction, you thought she wasn't expecting such a casual answer. 'R-really?'

'Mhm. I mean, you pretty much are living with me right now.'

'Thank you so much,' Ina said as she rushed up to you, hugging you tightly.

'No problem,' you said, chuckling.

Your phone chose this exact moment to ring. Being the responsible adult you are, as we have established by now, you picked up. 'Is this Y/N? Is Ina with you?'

'Yes and yes. Who are you?'

'That's not important right now. Just tell Ina the good news. You know what it is.' Quickly confirming that you did, in fact, know what the good news was, you decided to show Ina instead of telling her.

'Ina, look at this.' You turned your phone around. She was speechless, presumable from joy. And rightfully so, because her channel was back.