Chapter 12: Move

Moving is usually a sad, painful experience. But not when you're moving into your friend's house. Especially when they live as close together as you and Ina do. Because of this, and that you weren't moving into a new house, made the process a lot faster than it could have been.

With the issue of Ina's ban out of the way, the two of you had focused on moving her and everything she needed into your house. It had only taken a few days to transfer Ina's stuff. You were very glad that there wasn't anything really heavy that you had to move.

There were several benefits of living with Ina. You could see each other whenever you wanted. You could draw whenever you wanted. You could do anything whenever. Unfortunately, good things also come with bad things. This included Ina forcing you to actually have a proper breakfast instead of your usual packet of chips.

It was several days after Ina had moved in with you and you had no regrets. You honestly enjoyed every second of it. Until now.

'C'mon, Y/N! You can't have chips for breakfast!'

'Why not? I've been doing this for a while without any issues.'

'Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't in the future!' After staring blankly at Ina for a few seconds, you were about to give up when she continued, 'I'll even make you something every day if it means you'll stop eating the chips.'

'Eh? You don't have to make me-'

'I might as well because I also need to eat. I am human after all.' Ina wiggled her flaps with a smug expression on her face.

You put your hands up and said, 'Alright, I give up. That was so adorable that I am no longer able to resist.'

The priestess giggled. 'Good.'

After this, breakfast had become your favourite meal. Mostly because these were the rare times in which Ina would cook something for you. You didn't really care if what she presented you wasn't as edible as it could be, due to experiments. Not once did you fail to savour and enjoy your breakfast. You would also cheer Ina up if one of her experiments didn't go to well.

Now that the two of you could spend a lot of quality time together, you would draw with each other very often. This would usually be good but the longer this continued, the more you realised that Ina was a lot better at drawing. At a glance, both of your drawings looked really good. But if you were to look more closely, it was obvious that Ina was better than you. One day you had an idea.

'Hey Ina?'

'Mm?'

'Please can you teach me how to draw?'

Ina stared blankly at you for a few seconds before responding, 'but you already can draw.'

'I mean, draw better. Like you.'

'Well, I don't really like teaching people how to draw because I'm self-taught,' Ina said. Upon seeing your sad expression, she added, 'maybe I can make an exception for you, though.'

'Really?'

The priestess nodded. 'I'll try.'

'Thanks!'

And so, you spent the next several days just drawing. You would finish a drawing and show Ina. She would give you a few suggestions on how to improve and you would try and use them. You knew you weren't going to improve quickly and you also remembered that you hadn't streamed in several days.

'Hey chat, I have something to tell you.' This 'just chatting' stream was a lot more popular than usual as it was your first stream in days. Anyway, you were doing the same thing you always did when there was something important to tell your audience. They had gotten used to it so they got really excited whenever you did it.

'Something important happened a couple of weeks ago but I keep forgetting to tell you.' Chat was intrigued. Confused. You took a deep breath and continued, 'Ina moved in with me.' Now chat was fast. You sat back and just watched for a bit before trying to comprehend what they were saying. They were greeting Ina, as if she was there with you.

You chuckled as you called out, 'Ina, chat really wants to see you! I don't think I can hold it back much longer!'

It took a few seconds for Ina to reply with, 'do I need to bonk some people?'

When chat barely heard this, it was filled with cries for help. You laughed. 'That's what I thought. Now, let's get back to this.'