nightlight / / 11

It's been a while, folks

violet 》》

"Get away from me!" I scream as someone drags me into a dark alley.

"Shut up!" The man yells, putting his hand over my mouth.

I scream and yell and cry until he picks me up and puts me in an empty dumpster before he climbs in himself.

Oh god. I should've taken my normal way home from the Starbucks in town.
I was out with Matthew, and he had football practice, so he didn't walk home with me like usual.
Now I am laying in a dumpster with a creepy man and I'm scared to death.

"P-Please don't hurt me!" I say as tears stream down my face.

God dammit Matthew, why couldn't football practice have been tomorrow.
What am I saying? This isn't Matt's fault, it's mine. If I hadn't been an idiot I could be home right now. If I had remembered that I did TaeKwonDo for 8 years and that I'm a black belt.
I'm so fucking stupid.

"Well, you're a pretty lady if I ever saw one." He sickly smirked at me.

"Please, please stop!" I cried.

"Honey, I ain't leaving you until I get what I want."

And he did.

Here I am, laying in a disgusting dumpster, completely robbed of my dignity. I am supposed to be tough and strong, but now I don't think I can bring myself to even think. Why did this happen? Why me?

-

A few hours later, I struggle to climb out of the dumpster, and I find my clothes in various places of the alley.
I eventually find everything and limp towards my house, which is unoccupied because my parents are out of town.

I walk into the unlocked home and see my phone on the kitchen counter. Why didn't I bring it with me?

I lay down on the couch and just cry. How could I have let this happen?

I walk to my phone and text Matt, telling him I need him to come over.

Minutes later and he is in my living room, wondering what's wrong.
I break down in tears.

"Hey, hey. what's the matter?"
"Well," I wiped my tears,"I was walking home, a-and a man grabbed my and pulled me into an alley way, and he-" I started bawling. Matt knew what I was trying to say and he just hugged me tighter than I've ever been hugged before. "Vi, I'm so sorry. I should've never let you walk home alone. I'm so sorry." He hugged me even tighter as I cried into the side of his neck, with my arms wrapped around him, probably squeezing him to death.
I composed myself just enough to back out of the hug, but grabbed his hand.

"Hey, I have something to tell you." He said.
"What?" I asked, still kinda crying.
"Well, when I was eleven, I had this babysitter who used to watch me after school everyday. And one day, I came home from school, and she was there. I went to take a shower because I was running around with my friends. I was standing in the shower, and she comes in and she does things to me. Things that should not have been done. She told me not to tell anybody-- that it was our little secret. I haven't told anyone but you."

"I'm sorry, Matt." I said squeezing his hand.
"It's okay. It was a long time ago."
"That doesn't make it okay, Matt."
"I know, but there is nothing I can do now. It's already over." He sighed, stood up, and lifted me off the couch with him.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Hugging you. Shh." He said and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, placing his hand on the back of my head, rubbing my back with the other.
I hugged him around his waist, thanking God for this boy.