nightlight / / 5

violet 》》

"Okay, one more question," Matt asked. I nodded signaling for him to go on, "Why are you always here? I mean, it's nice having company, but I don't understand."

"Well," I breathed out, "I don't exactly fit in with my family."
"How so?" He asked.
"Everyone in my family, other than me, is perfect. Perfect hair, perfect smile, perfect clothes, perfect habits. Then I am the one that has weird hair and crooked teeth and has a habit to do bad things. I feel a little less judged here."

We sat in silence after that. Until Matt's mom came through the door, "Honey din- Oh, who's your friend?" She smiled warmly at me. "Oh, mom this is Violet, Violet this is my mom."

"Hi Violet! It's nice to meet you!" She engulfed me in a hug while talking.

"It's nice to meet you too!" I barely breathed out, since she was squeezing me so tight I couldn't get any air.
"Mom I think you're killing her!" Matt
chuckled.

"Oh I'm so sorry honey! Are you alright?"

"Oh I'm fine, don't worry about it."

"Well, dinner is ready if you kids want any. It's pizza night!" She said before walking out of his room and shutting the door.

"Well that's my queue to leave." I stood up off his bed. As I was starting to walk, Matt grabbed my forearm, "Why do you have to leave?"

"I don't want to intrude on your pizza night."

"Are you busy right now?

"No"

"Then you are staying for pizza night"

He insisted while grabbing my hand and bringing me downstairs to the kitchen.

Immediately I smelled the sweet aroma of sauce and cheese and suddenly my mouth started to water. God, I love pizza.

"What kind do you want?" Matt asked, handing me a plate.

"Just plain cheese, please." And he put a big slice of cheese pizza on my plate.

After he made his own plate he said, "Now the real question is, do you want to watch 'Meet the Robinsons' with my family, or do you want to eat up in my room?"

"Oh God, I love that movie! Can we stay with your family?

"Yupperdoodle!" He smiled.

Everyone in his family was sitting on the floor of the living room with their pizza and the beginning credits started rolling on.

-

About halfway through the movie, Matt started moving closer to me until our shoulders were touching and our fingers were intertwined.

My the time the movie ended, Kristen, Matt's mom and I were all crying, and the boys were all looking at us like we had two heads.

"It's not even sad!" Matt exclaimed.

"We know, Matt!" Kristen defended, "These are sentimental tears!" She pointed at the droplets of salty liquid falling down her cheeks.

-

Crap. It's almost 12am and I'm still at the Espinosa's house watching movies.

"Matt, I should probably go. Its twelve o'clock." I whispered in his ear.

"Oh okay, I'll walk you upstairs." He said kind of sorrowful. "Guys, Violet is leaving!" He called to his family.

Everyone came and said goodbye and hugged me, then Matt and I walked upstairs.

We were both standing on my balcony, shivering from the wind. "Well, I hope you can come over for pizza night again sometime." He smiled at me.

"Yeah," I smiled, "I'll see you later, Matt, goodnight!"

"Goodnight Violet, see you tomorrow?"

"Definitely."