nightlight / / 6

Hey folks! Today is going to be a sucky/unimportant chapter but whatever. It's that day after Christmas, but I felt like I could still make a Christmas chapter so I'm gonna do that now k bye.

christmas / /

violet 》》

"Open it, Vi!" My mom exclaimed towards me. You see, my mom is a freak when it comes to Christmas. I'm pretty sure she is done shopping in July or something.

She says, "There's less of a crowd when things aren't in high demand!".

I am a late shopper. I don't have anything until like 4 days until Christmas. And even then, everything I buy is from the dollar tree.

The package that my mom so eagerly wanted me to open, was a box with 3 little slips of paper inside. I turned them over and they were plane tickets. To Paris.

"Oh my god..." I trailed off, looking at my parents. "Your mother and I thought it would be fun for you and a friend to go!" My dad exclaimed. "Obviously I would have to go too because you're not 18 yet." My mom said.

"I- Thank you!" I said, still in shock.

After everyone opened presents I went upstairs and called Matt.

"Hey, are you home?" I spoke through the phone.

"Yeah, what's u-" and I hung up.

Seconds later I was climbing through the window into his bedroom, where he lay shirtless on his bed, and can I just say, daaammmnn.

"That was very rude of you to hang up on me." He fake pouted, sitting up.

"Sorry, I was just bored." I replied.

"Whatever. Oh, Merry Christmas!" He jumped up and hugged me with his shirtless self. Now that I realize it, we are both wearing very minimum clothing. I'm wearing a white cami with black nike pro shorts, and he's just wearing sweatpants.

"So what's up?" Matt dragged me over to his bed.

"Well, I was opening up this present from my parents, and there were three plane tickets to Paris, and I was hoping you would come with me?"

"I would absolutely love to eat French food with you, Violet." He smiled.
"Oh, and I almost forgot," He reached into his nightstand and pulled out a little box wrapped in a piece of newspaper,"to give you your gift!"

"Matt, you really didn't have to get me anything." I insisted

"Just open it already!"

"Alright, alright, chillax."
I opened up the little box and inside was a thin leather bracelet with 'Espinosa' engraved on it. I gave him a questioning look.

"I have one two but it says Andrews." He explained, showing me a thicker leather bracelet around his wrist.

"Ah, last name bracelets. Classy, dude."
I laughed, but gave him a hug to let him know that I really did like it.

"Now that you've given me a gift, I have to go and get mine, hold up."
I head through the window, grabbed a small envelope from underneath my mattress, and climbed back into Matt's room.

"Open it." I demanded, sitting next to him.

He opened it and pulled out two Washington Redskins football tickets.

"I know the Skins suck, but it is Redskins vs. the Cowboys so I thought it might be interesting." I shrugged.

"Thank you!" He wrapped his strong arms around me in a warm hug.

"No problem. The game is on January 4th, so it's the last game of the season."

"That will be fun, Vi! Cold, but fun!"

"I should probably head back to my house, my whole extended family is coming over, and I need to mentally prepare myself for that horror story."

"God, that sounds terrifying." He cringed.

"It is scary every single year. Merry christmas, Matthew!" I exclaimed as I jumped onto my balcony.

"Merry Christmas! Also, if you need to get away from your own fam for a little bit today, the Espinosas would be happy to have you!"

"I will for sure be there at some point in the day!"

"Bye, Violet!"