nightlight // 12

[ 1 month later ]

violet 》》

It's been about a month since the "incident", and I am still not recovered.
Matt took me to the doctor's office, and they told me that I somehow, luckily, didn't get pregnant. I don't know what I would've done if I got pregnant with a rapist's child.
I still haven't told my parents what happened. I will tell them though, someday.

"Hey, sweetie." my mom smiled at me.
"Are you feeling any better?" She asked, coming into my room.
"Not really." I said through coughs.
"I'm sorry, baby." she said as I tried to pull my blankets more over my shivering body. I am in sweatpants, a sweatshirt, socks, and a beanie. I am obviously unbelievably sick.
"Well, tell me if you need anything, honey." she brushed the hair out of my face.
"I will." I said weakly as she left my room. I fell asleep.

Hours later, I woke up in a hot sweat.
I pulled of all of my layers, and drank all of the water my mom brought for me. My hair was sticking to the back of my neck and I was shaking.

-

"How's she feeling?" I heard a voice from outside of my door.
"Not any better than yesterday." my dad says, "Do you want to see her?"
"Of course." Matt.
The door to my bedroom opens and I see my dad walk down the hallway.
"Hey, Vi." Matt smiles at me.
"Hi." I attempt to smile back.
"You look gorgeous." he said, sitting on my bed.
"You're such a liar." I laughed at him.
"Am not!" He frowned.
I just laughed more. The laughs turned into coughs.
"You okay?" He asked, concerned.
"Y-eah, I'm f-ine." I coughed out.
"You should really see a doctor, Vi
"But I don't need to. I'm fine." I said, the coughs that I am suppressing choking me.
"No you're not, Violet. I am telling your parents and we are taking you to see a doctor." I sighed and knew he was going to win this round.

matt 》》

I place a kiss on Violet's forehead and walk downstairs.
"Mr. and Mrs. Andrews, I think you should take Violet to see a doctor." I say, standing in their kitchen.
"She refuses to go, Matthew. We've already tried." her mother says, sighing.
"Well, if you'd let me, I will drag her to that hospital kicking and screaming."
Her parents chuckled at that.
"Matt, we appreciate your concern, but we can't force her to go." Her father said.
"But maybe I can." I said as I came up with a plan.

-

We get Violet into the car. Her current belief is that we're going to get ice cream, when in reality, we are taking her to see a doctor.
"This isn't how you get to Dairy Queen, dad." she says to her father.
"We're not going to Dairy Queen, Vi." her mom said.
"What?" Violet asked, looking at me.
"Are you guys trying to give me away?" She was so confused.
"No, baby." her mom said, laughing lightly.
"Well then where are you ta-wait, no no no no." she said as she realized our plan. She grabbed my arm tightly and whispered in my ear, "Matt if something's wrong, they're gonna find out about the thing." She pleaded.
"Babe, we need to make sure everything's okay." I sighed and kissed the side of her temple.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
hola
i
love
you