Chapter 9 🍂:: The day I was on stage again

"Next, contestant 14, Jung Yerin."

"Jun come, lets go. We're next." Yerin tells Jun. As they both walk to the stage. More voices come flooding through Jun's mind. "Read the score. Nothing else matters. Its all your fault if you mess it up."

Yerin turns to Jun before stepping out on stage. "Don't worry. You'll do great." Yerin assures Jun. "This stage is ours. The whole auditorium is quiet waiting for us to fill it woth something. (Taken from Episode 4 of Your Lie In April).

Jun turns to look at the piano and glances at it for a while. "Come, lets not keep the audience and the judge waiting." Yerin and Jun steps onto the stage. The auditorium starts to mumble to each other.

"Hmm, that face is oddly familiar." One of the judges looks at Jun. "What are you doing?" Yerin asks Jun annoyed adjusting the seat. "I'm adjusting the seat be patient." Jun talks back.

"Wen Junhui..."

"Aight, I'm done." Jun sits down in front of the piano. Yerin turns back to Jun giving a reassuring smile to Jun. Jun smiling back at her.

Jun starts to play the notes before Yerin joins him in the violin. Going well so far, Jun worried about messing up. Yerin glances at Jun from the corner of her eye for a few seconds. Then speeding the tempo. Catching Jun off guard as he struggles a little trying to catch up to Yerin. Then slowly goes back to playing in the original tempo.

Jun in his head. Sees images in his mind. Seeing his deceased Mom in the distance giving him an evil grin. Before knowing the notes on the score starts to disappear. A drop of sweat drops from Jun's face. Then transporting him into a dark sea. Unable to hear the notes anymore.

Before knowing his hands pounds onto the piano. Going off key. Yerin starts to struggle keeping up with Jun. Eventually he stops playing as Yerin continues.

"I...I'm sorry." Jun mumbles under his breath. Surprising the audience and irritating the judges. Yerin puts down her bow and stops playing. Making the audience gasp.

"Shall we try again?" Yerin asks Jun in a soft tone. "It's not too late..." Yerin picks her bow up again and raises the violin to her chin. This time starting before Jun as he watches her.

From the audience. Sinb and Wonwoo are watching them. "Jun you bastard what are you doing!?" Wonwoo whispers furiously. "Jun, just play..." Sinb mutters under her breath.

Still finding more excuses, Jun stares at the piano for a moment. Then starts playing the keys again. "Focus Jun...Focus." Jun says inside his mind.

"Don't hit the notes so hard. Play it softly it like petting a cat." His Mom's voice echoes through his mind. Playing the keys softer than previously. "Imagine the sounds, unleash everything you got." Jun tells himself.

Timeskip to the end of their performance

The whole audience clapped for them, the judges were astonished. "You did great out there." Yerin compliments Jun. "You too, sorry about what happened out there." Jun apologises to her, looking down.

"It's fine. You go see Sinb and Wonwoo first. I'll catch up later." Yerin tells Jun. "Okay, see you." Jun leaves backstage.

"Damnit where is it!" Yerin scavenges through her bag. "No, no, no..."

"Yerin? Are you ok?" Jun calls out for her as he goes backstage to get something.

To see Yerin lying on the ground. With all the items in her bag scattered around the floor.