Chapter 17 🍂:: The day I hear that song again.

It was the next day at school. Jun, Sinb and Wonwoo were sitting at the rooftop. Yerin comes up from behind. "GUYS LOOK!" Yerin takes out the letter she got from Towa Hall. "Ooo what's that?" Sinb asks her.

"It's an invitation to play at the Gala concert." Jun answers Sinb. "Yes! It's a recital to mark the winners of the past competitions hosted by them!" Yerin explains.

"Wow! So you're going?" Wonwoo asks Yerin. "Since we were the promoter's choice, they invited us. Jun even said he'll play willingly!" "Wait what?!" Wonwoo and Sinb said shocked.

"Isn't that right Jun?" Yerin looks at him. "Well yes-" Jun responds. "Yo, what happened to him? Did that piano competition change him?" Wonwoo jokes, causing Sinb to laugh as well.

After school ends

Jun and Yerin were in Jun's practice room. Discussing about the performance. "What song will we be playing?" Jun asks. "Here." Yerin hands Jun a piano sheet. "Kreisler's Liebesleid Love Sorrow?" Jun asks surprised.

"Yeah! Is there anything wrong?" Yerin asks. "I- I mean I thought you'll choose to play something more major unlike this." Jun responds trying to avoid the piece. "It's fine we are only throw ins anyways. Plus others we'll stand out if we play something chill similar to this. Since others would play something more major."

Yerin walks over to her violin case laying on the ground. She takes out her violin, hugging it. "I...I'm sorry. I don't deserve to be a violinist. But bear with me, only for a little longer." Yerin talks to the inanimate object. Then turns back to Jun. "Lets do this."

"Should we go check on their practice?" Sinb and Wonwoo's new friend Umji asks them from the baseball field. "Yeah we should see their progress." Wonwoo adds on. "Lets leave them be. We shouldn't interfere with their practice." Sinb walks off. "What's gone into her?" Umji asks Wonwoo. "Ummm...even I'm wondering too."

The next morning Jun sits at the piano in his own home practicing the song. "Wait...is that..." Miyoung walks into the room surprised. "Yeah, it is." Jun responds. "Kreisler's Liebesleid Love Sorrow." Miyoung finishes Jun's sentence. "Now what really has gotten into you? That was your Mom's favourite song."

Jun doesn't respond but instead looks at the piano keys. "I know...". "How about we go outside for a walk."