Chapter 25 🍂:: The day she asks me to stay with her

Yerin was lying down on the hospital bed. She hears a knock on her door. She turns around to see Jun opening the door to her room. "What are you doing here?" She asks Jun. "Hi. I brought you these." Jun tells her showing her a bag of caneles. "I promised didn't I?"

"I don't want it." Yerin responds. "I want to eat it under the sky." "I'll carry you up." Jun says as he faces his back towards Yerin so she can climb onto him.

Few minutes later they were making their way to the rooftop of the hospital. "I'll beat you if you say I'm heavy." Yerin warns Jun. "You're really light actually." Jun replies. "We're here." Jun walks over to a bench and sits Yerin down. Giving Yerin the bag of caneles. "I've decided to participate in the East Korea Piano Competition." "I don't know how far I'll be able to pull off." "But I'll move forward." Jun tells Yerin as she smiles at him.

"I want to be able to perform with you again." Yerin looks at Jun surprised. "You really inspired me Yerin. I don't know how I'm supposed to thank you." "Please play with me once again." Yerin looks down without any response, then back at Jun. "Umm... we should go back now." Jun tells her. "Yeah..." Yerin stands up from the bench but falls down on the ground. "Are you alright?" Jun asks her as he bends down to Yerin's level.

"I'm scared." Yerin mutters. "I'm scared and...I'm scared and I can't help it." Yerin says tearing up. "I don't want to die." Yerin clings herself onto Jun's waist. "No... I don't want to die!" Yerin cries onto Jun. "Don't leave me alone!" Yerin begs. Jun then wrapping his arms around Yerin. "I promise I won't"...

The next day

"Ms Jung, I want to respect your decision. But like I said before this surgery involves a big risk." Her doctor told her and her parents. "Yes. I understand. But still, let me have it." "No matter how little hope there is, I'll hold onto it." Yerin tells her doctor. She looks down "There isn't a good chance of survival if you were to go through this surgery. I'm asking you one last time. Are you sure?" The doctor asks her. "I have a promise. A very important promise I have to keep..."