Chapter 7, Part 3, End

In the woods, Horror tried desperately to find his beloved. The snowfall had stopped, but it was getting colder and darker all the time. He was so weary that he could have taken a nap, but the knowledge that his loved one would be fighting a human made his feet wade forward in the snow even faster. Wet clothes weighed on his tired bones and hunger was already felt in the bone marrow, but he didn't want to give up. He began to yawn in fatigue until he heard the sounds of battle coming from afar. He left in the direction of the sound and after running for a while he arrived at the forest square where he saw Dust fighting a human. His friend seemed to be at a disadvantage, so he decided to go help him. He saw the human striking with a knife at Dust. Horror formed a barrier of sharp bones between the fighting duo, preventing a stab from hitting his buddy.

Horror: "Are you okay?"

Dust: "Yeah. The human is stronger than I thought."

Horror noticed his friend's HP was declining so he decided to continue the fight with the human so that Dust could breathe for a moment. Murder tried to resist the idea, but Horror growled at him to stay away. He went to the side to rest, because he was exhausted. He felt something run down his mouth and he spat it into the ground. Bloody saliva stained the snow red, making him realize the seriousness of the situation. He realized Horror was in great danger and he immediately returned to defend his friend. Before he had time to do anything, the human slit deeply with a knife into Horror's chest. Dust felt the world stop around him when he saw his loved one fall to the ground. He shot the human with a blaster so hard that it threw they far away from them. Dust hurried to Horror to see how bad he had been. The wound was deep, but Horror was still alive. Dust wondered why his friend had not turned to dust, even though the hit was fatal. Was his buddy really undead dead as he told? Suddenly Dust felt a stabbing pain in his back.

Dust: "You fucking backstabbing bitch!"

The human pulled a bloody knife from Murder's back and prepared to make a death blow. Dust barely dodged the blow and he shot the human unconscious with a blaster. He couldn't move anymore. His spine was damaged and he coughed a lot of blood. He saw how the human woke up and went to come towards him with a knife in their hand. Dust tried to keep the human away from him and Horror by shooting with blasters at them. He was too weak to teleport them away and he didn't want to flee without Horror. He knew he couldn't keep the human away indefinitely as he started to be exhausted. A deep, bleeding wound in his back took a lot of strength from him, but he didn't want to give up. He was deeply regretted when he did not listen to Horror at first but let internal voices take over him. Now his loved one lay unconscious, waiting for death because of his stupid choices. Soon his powers would run dry, which meant sealing his destiny. It didn't take long for the blaster to stop firing and disappear due to lack of strength. The human approached the wounded skeletons menacingly.

Dust: "Welp, finish me then. I'm waiting for you in hell, kid."

Human managed to raise his knife towards Dust until a giant blaster shot their soul to crush. Killer ran quickly to his sleeping friends.

Killer: "Are they dead?"

Error: "No, otherwise, they would have turned to dust. They are healing themselves."

Killer, Error and Cross took their friends and carried them out of horrible place to the Nightmare's castle. They went to the living room and lay Horror and Dust lying on the couch. They cleaned and bandaged the bleeding wounds of their friends. It was already late and Error and Cross decided to go separate ways. Killer stayed with Horror and Dust to wait for them to wake up. He had treats ready for his friends to enjoy as soon as they woke up. He started to get tired and he had time to close his eyes until he heard someone open the door. Killer got up and noticed Nightmare staring at him grimly.

Nightmare: "What are those two doing here? Is this the reason you left me earlier without my permission?"

Killer: "I thought you wanted to be alone for a while then, so I went to get my friends home."

Nightmare: "You little bastard, what did you do!"

Horror and Dust woke up to a loud conversation. They wondered how they had gotten into their boss's castle and how they survived in general. In the midst of all the wonder, their gazes met. They both sighed with relief to see that their partner survived the ordeal. They didn't have time to say a word to each other as the tentacles wrapped around their necks and lifted them into the air.

Killer: "Are you going to kill them?"

Nightmare: "No, but I'm going to get rid of this kind of trash that is of no use to me."

Nightmare opened two separate portals and threw wounded skeletons into their own AU. He then approached Killer threateningly. Killer tried to look calm, but he sweated nervously.

Nightmare: "Tonight you are completely mine. All night. Understood?"

Killer: "Yes...Boss."

In another alternate universe, Horror was laying on the ground feeling cold snow around his bones. He was frustrated that he again was out in the snow at the mercy of all. He saw a long, dark figure approaching him. Horror was so exhausted that he couldn't care even if the newcomer would want bad for him. He was pleasantly surprised to hear a familiar, warm voice calling him by name. His brother Papyrus first rebuked him for lazing in the snow, but then he lifted Sans into his arms and carried him home. At their warm and comfy home, Horror was happy to tell about his adventures under Nightmare and how he got close friends, but then he slowly fell silent. He looked at his hungry brother and the empty pantries. He realized what he had caused by his choices. Horror pressed his skull down and began to mutter sadly to himself. He regretted what he had done. How could he put his own feelings above everything? He was supposed to work for Nightmare so he could feed his brother and friends in his own AU. Now he had failed in his mission. Papyrus tried to comfort and encourage his brother in every way.

Papyrus: "You tried your best and that's the most important thing."

Horror: "Not enough, brother, not enough..."

Meanwhile, Murder sat in snow and looked around pensively in his own dusty AU. Snowdin looked as blank and gray as ever. He got up and began to walk limping towards his home. Depressing piles of dust in the ground reminded him of why he originally wanted to leave this cursed land. He felt lucky to get out of his deserted AU with the help of Nightmare. He had gotten to experience unprecedented adventures and challenging battles, but now he had ruined all his chances. All for just one silly love. He felt he had failed in his mission and disappointed Nightmare. He collapsed to the ground, at the same time thinking that he was a complete weakling which made the feelings take control of him. He decided to be insensitive in the future and just be his own mad self. He looked up comfortingly and began to laugh insanely.

In the Nightmare's room Killer tried convince his boss to take Horror and Dust back on the gang. He went through the good reasons for why they still should be part of the group. At the same time, he gently rubbed his lover's tentacles to get him in a better mood. After thinking for a moment, Nightmare promised to consider the matter.

Killer: "Please, Boss, they are good workers and all."

Nightmare: "Maybe I will bring them back on team someday. And when it happens I hope they have learnt their lession or otherwise we have to reset their minds somehow."

End....................?

Thanks for reading!